Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Washington DC

Sod the monument, sod the museums, sod the history, sod the Capitol, sod the Whitehouse, sod the Lincoln memorial... If you are ever in DC and have time to visit one thing - and one thing only - make it the Pearl Dive oyster bar.

I have never tasted food like it - and I'm not talking about the oysters, I'm talking about the shrimp gumbo. It's seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. I ordered a second lot of it. If I lived here, I would be dead within six months.

Comments

• Options
    George Town?
  • Options
    you been to a caps game yet?
  • Options
    I hear there's a place which does really good ribs, and is frequented by a congressman...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that.
  • Options

Sod the monument, sod the museums, sod the history, sod the Capitol, sod the Whitehouse, sod the Lincoln memorial... If you are ever in DC and have time to visit one thing - and one thing only - make it the Pearl Dive oyster bar.

I have never tasted food like it - and I'm not talking about the oysters, I'm talking about the shrimp gumbo. It's seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. I ordered a second lot of it. If I lived here, I would be dead within six months.

Broke too, probably......

• Options

you been to a caps game yet?

By an amazing coincidence, the Pens are in town tonight. By an even more amazing coincidence, my company has a box at the Verizon centre. By an EVEN more amazing coincidence, I'm being taken there tonight :)
  • Options
    I love DC - really fascinating place.

One thing I wanted to do was Segs in the City - a tour on a Segway taking in all the sites and commentary through headsets. I will take my Mrs there one day because it's such an awesome place.
  • Options

George Town?

Close. DuPont.
  • Options
    Well, that was pretty awesome. Watching it from a suite at level one was fantastic - and the box was catered - and the booze was free.
  • Options
    Was in DC for the weekend a couple of weeks back. Really really enjoyed it. Stayed in Foggy Bottom....awesome sights....fantastic museums....brilliant food (especially in Georgetown).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah - that whole area between Dupont and Georgetown is amazing. Had dinner at an Ethiopian place after the game last night - fantastic food. Not as expensive here as I thought it would be either.
  • Options
    Oh - and as a Palaeontologist, the Smithsonian NH was fantastic. The Burgess Shale specimens were a highlight - and the whole dinosaur exhibit was really well put together. I also liked the Cenozoic era displays - often overlooked by museums, good to see the mastodons and glyptodons given some respect.
  • Options
    Good to see you're running out there mate :)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Good to see you're running out there mate :)

Lol - not yesterday I didn't!

It's a lot hillier here than I thought!