Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket last night...

Cracking fightback by Nixon and Ravi and I thought they were going to do it.

Thought there was a bit of unneccesary gamesmanship by Fernando not releasing the ball at the end, presumably wanted to see what sort of shot Bopara was going to play, good ball to get him out though.

Cant see us beating the Aussies now so I reckon thats our chances gone. Vaughan is a great captain but until we get two decent openers getting quick runs we'll never compete with the best. Trescothick is a big miss.

Comments

• Options
    I thought that was well out of order by Fernando but then theres no rule to say what he did was illegal , really thought we were going to do it as well

Very tough ask , to beat the convicts but we've done it before have n't we

I wonder what Ketman thinks
  • Options
    That was gutting last night, really unlucky. Thought Murali wouldnt be able to bowl as much/well with his injury but he still slowed the run rate right down.
  • Options
    Ravi did well didnt he, was unlucky with that last ball, i agree about that fernando, was a bit of a dodgy bit of gamesmanship! no need for it imo!

That ed joyce is karzy! we need vaughen there as captain, but he keeps fireing blanks! Its a dodgy situation!
  • Options
    Oh and that 6 Nixon ' hit ' ... how did he manage that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Oh and that 6 Nixon ' hit ' ... how did he manage that

the reverse one, it was the nuts that!
  • Options
    very good mind games from fernando... we were always struggling behind the run rate until the 6 and 4 from nixon 3 overs from the end .. i thought they left it too late to throw the bat and were always struggling but the top order didn't stay for long enough as usual
  • Options
    Time flintoff batted down the order, can anyone remeber his last decent score?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Time flintoff batted down the order, can anyone remeber his last decent score?

He does. He bats at 6
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Trescothick is a big miss.

Ah now is this the reason he isn't playing?.....:-)
  • Options
    How about further down the order?! As soon as he walked in you knew he was going to te walking back 5 minutes later Nixon and Bopara should both bat above him... He's a great bowler but his battings been well off since he came back from injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But on his day he can win you a game. If he batted any lower than 6 he wouldn't have the time to do that.
    Incidentally how many more low scores has Vaughan got to have before his place is called into question.
  • Options
    Did we lose then ? LOL