Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison Interview for SLP

Really interesting to hear this kind of stuff from him. Sounds like JR has come in and straight away changed things, “He has come in and said that he wants to play the right way and build form the back.".
For me this changes my opinion of the man, it sounds like the players like what he's installing in the team and it can't be long before we start picking up goals.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=8926&headline=Michael%20Morrison:%20Powell%20had%20hands%20tied%20on%20Charlton%20deals

Comments

• Options
    Good interview
    Sounds like the players have belief in Jose so lets get behind Jose and the team as well
  • Options
    Exactly, I'm still devastated about the entire shambles. But if the players are behind him then so am I.
  • Options
    Think it is important we get Morrison signed up to a new contract as well. Our defensive record is actually very good (on par with Derby's), and he provides good leadership.
  • Options
    He hasn't been at his very best recently but he's still very good, and while he is not quite as chest-thumping, knee sliding goal celebrations, in your face passionate as the likes of JJ (not a criticism of either), I think it's fair to say he's just as dedicated to the club and the team, who gave him his big break I think it's fair to say. He's always one to clap the fans after a game, even if that means inviting abuse from the knuckle dragging elements.
  • Options

Exactly, I'm still devastated about the entire shambles. But if the players are behind him then so am I.

With the greatest respect, the club pay the players wages... So being professional and getting behind the manager is the very least we should expect. Us fans are allowed to be petulant, but the players won't get very far regards a new contract with us or other clubs by spitting out dummys.
  • Options
    I've been saying for some time that the players could not possibly be enjoying the way we were playing. It's important for anyone to enjoy their work in order to get the best out of them. Nobody enjoys negativity, and players have an inherent desire to express themselves in displaying their skills and entertain the crowd. That fact that the players seem to have got behind Riga from the outset and that Jackson quickly signed a new two year contract is a good sign for the future.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

With the greatest respect, the club pay the players wages... So being professional and getting behind the manager is the very least we should expect. Us fans are allowed to be petulant, but the players won't get very far regards a new contract with us or other clubs by spitting out dummys.
    No I know that, but I like the fact he's come out and publicly said that he likes the way they're playing now.
  • Options
    I see some similarities between our situation now and Southampton when they got rid of Adkins. Manager who'd got them promoted, doing a good job, liked by the fans and players, suddenly got rid of and replaced by an unknown foreigner. Fans outraged, what the hell is going on here, who is this new manager, can he even speak English etc etc. Now the side are playing much better football, their new manager is a hero and i doubt many of their fans give much of a thought for Adkins.

Turned out pretty well for them, let's hope we can do the same.
  • Options

I see some similarities between our situation now and Southampton when they got rid of Adkins. Manager who'd got them promoted, doing a good job, liked by the fans and players, suddenly got rid of and replaced by an unknown foreigner. Fans outraged, what the hell is going on here, who is this new manager, can he even speak English etc etc. Now the side are playing much better football, their new manager is a hero and i doubt many of their fans give much of a thought for Adkins.

They already had good players and a decent squad. We don't. All for playing 'the right way' but we need the players who are technically good enough to do it first.

• Options
    What did you expect him to say then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who? Morrison? I didn't expect him to say anything. Which is why I'm pleased that he has done.
  • Options

Exactly ! The guy has been interviewed by a newspaper, he is hardly goin to be talking about his favourite tv show
  • Options
    No matter what Morro said its never gonna be right for the CL whingers!
    Some people really do need to get a life!
  • Options
    The amount of effin times I see Morrison pass to Derv/Wood, then back to Hamer, then over to Wilson or Wiggins then back to Morro/Derv/Wood it's rattling my head. It gets no further most of the time, only Poyet finds the space in the hole. This sort of football needs a hell of a lot of movement in the midfield, we don't have that. If a team closes us down from top to bottom we are going to come unstuck and it will be messy, midfield needs bulstering for this tippy tappy football to get anywhere
  • Options
    Don't like the fact he seems afraid of Yann - giving away a sense of panic if they bring him on as a late sub...
  • Options

The amount of effin times I see Morrison pass to Derv/Wood, then back to Hamer, then over to Wilson or Wiggins then back to Morro/Derv/Wood it's rattling my head. It gets no further most of the time, only Poyet finds the space in the hole. This sort of football needs a hell of a lot of movement in the midfield, we don't have that. If a team closes us down from top to bottom we are going to come unstuck and it will be messy, midfield needs bulstering for this tippy tappy football to get anywhere

Long ball definitely wasn't working without Yann though. Would rather this style of play and I think we an utilise Harriott and AA with it too
  • Options

Don't like the fact he seems afraid of Yann - giving away a sense of panic if they bring him on as a late sub...

You say fear, I say respect for what we all know Yann CAN do (but doesn't always), which is only sensible. Frankly, with Morro and co. having trained/played with/against him for several years now I am pretty confident Yann will not be quite the unstoppable beast he would be against unprepared players, even assuming he is fit enough to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Long ball definitely wasn't working without Yann though. Would rather this style of play and I think we an utilise Harriott and AA with it too
    What i'm hinting at is it's missing the middle bit of the tippy tappy football, we do it in defence then are forced to blast it down the pitch often because the midfield are rarely dropping to receive the ball and move it on. It would work perfectly and we'd see the dividends if we had one of the strongest midfields in the league, but we don't so it's good football between the back 5, skip a stage and the same again if we get the ball onto the wings. Get the missing ingredient and we'd be flying
  • Options

What i'm hinting at is it's missing the middle bit of the tippy tappy football, we do it in defence then are forced to blast it down the pitch often because the midfield are rarely dropping to receive the ball and move it on. It would work perfectly and we'd see the dividends if we had one of the strongest midfields in the league, but we don't so it's good football between the back 5, skip a stage and the same again if we get the ball onto the wings. Get the missing ingredient and we'd be flying
    yeah I agree really, it's a creative central midfielder were lacking. I think Stephens would have thrived sadly

• Options
    edited March 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

They already had good players and a decent squad. We don't. All for playing 'the right way' but we need the players who are technically good enough to do it first.

I refuse to believe professional footballers in any league are technically unable to control a pass with one touch and produce an accurate pass with their second. Whether they currently think like that is another matter but they can be drilled. When I play i think like that but don't have the technical ability to always pull it off. Someone paid to do it surely has.