Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Football away days" page on Facebook?

Has anybody else on here treated themselves to the hilarity of this page? :

https://facebook.com/awaydayfootball

In a nutshell its a page thats intended to showcase large away followings from whatever games are on that week/day, but (just like Youtube) the real entertainment comes from the comments, full of that "loveable football banter™" we all know and enjoy...

It descends into an away following dick waving contest, and inevitably a team will get a pic on there, only for supporters of their local rivals to post a plethora of disparaging comments about how pathetic their support is.

...and yes, we feature on there from the Millwall game at the moment.

It might have the world record for most comments on a facebook page with "c*nt" featured in the text....

Comments

• Options
    I did see that Wolves have sold 8800 at MKDons
  • Options
    Were we (you) no good on Saturday then?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I did see that Wolves have sold 8800 at MKDons

Which makes this all the funnier
  • Options
    The Wolves fans will outnumber the MK Dons fans in their own ground then?
  • Options
    9th Top stuff
    Biggest away followings in England this weekend.

1) Leeds at Burnley (3,587)
    2) Liverpool at Man United (2,999)
    3) Chelsea at Aston Villa (2,956)
    4) Arsenal at Spurs (2,936)
    5) Newcastle at Fulham (2,912)
    6) Cardiff at Everton (2,792)
    7) West Ham at Stoke (2,767)
    8) Brentford at Leyton Orient (2,597)
    9) Charlton at Millwall (2,431)
    10) Man City at Hull (2,308)
  • Options
    Someone on there said we have the lowest away support in the Champ. Is that true?
  • Options

Someone on there said we have the lowest away support in the Champ. Is that true?

Having lots of trips to northern teams on Tuesday nights doesn't help....
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Oohaah?

• Options

No, Yeovil, Blackpool and Millwall have lower.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta be the cringiest thing I've ever seen.
  • Options

Gotta be the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far, especially on St. Patrick's day!
  • Options

Lol brentford at orient more than us

That was a 12.30 k/o on Sky too.
  • Options
    Wonder if Brentford would've sold more tickets than us if they were at the bottom of L1 and we were top of the Champ. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well we were live on Sky while romping League One and took less than 2k to Orient on New Years Eve 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Oohaah?

I'm away so will check when back but doubt we're bottom, maybe ratio of away/home fans we could be
  • Options
    se9addick said:

We took 3,500 there a few years back for an evening game....Parky's last season in charge.
  • Options

Well we were live on Sky while romping League One and took less than 2k to Orient on New Years Eve 2011

yeah and look at the post above, why always pick out the most negative?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    TEL said:

se9addick said:

We took 3,500 there a few years back for an evening game....Parky's last season in charge.
    It's called new ground syndrome

Edited .... I've not got my numbers but wasn't the big turnout for the first season in League One after we went down not the second one
  • Options
    TEL said:

Maybe because it was live on telly and we were top of league one a bit like brentford #justsaying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TEL said:

Maybe because it was live on telly and we were top of league one a bit like brentford #justsaying
    Poor turn out was due to it being a late news year's eve kick off. I can't remember what the season before was but that wasn't the full stand either.
  • Options
    Good numbers from Cardiff

Reminds me of the cracking turnout we had up at Everton in our relegation season :)