Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Believes You Only Read 6 of these Books

Comments

• Options
    36/100 finished. Started a few others but given up on them.
  • Options
    55/100
  • Options
    32/100
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    10. Distinctly average!
  • Options
    27. A lot on there I've been meaning to!! Bet some are cheap on Kindle too, will have to investigate....
  • Options
    27 + another 4 started and not finished.
  • Options
    14 :( a nice project to read all of them on the train though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

98, am surprised that "Diary of a Compulsive Liar" by S,Jones is not on that list though...

I LOL this but then remembered your words about it being a competition, so I un-lol it. ;-)

• Options
    49. I've read less since I retired - too much else to do nowadays.
  • Options
    21 but it seems quite weighted towards women and the classics if I may be so bold to suggest. I'm not sure I know any man who would happily admit to reading Brigit Jones Diary for example.
  • Options

21 but it seems quite weighted towards women and the classics if I may be so bold to suggest. I'm not sure I know any man who would happily admit to reading Brigit Jones Diary for example.

Ahem... :-)
  • Options

Ahem... :-)
    ...knew I'd flush 'em out ;-)
  • Options
    2. One of them forced on me at A-level
  • Options
    I read a fair amount but have only ever read one of those titles (charlie & the chocolate factory in primary). As I tend to read thrillers/crime novels, rather than the classics.

Now, if we could include watching film/TV adaptations, I'd be well on my way to completing the list
  • Options
    14/100

Half of those forced on me at GCSE with more still being forced on me at A-Level.
  • Options

98, am surprised that "Diary of a Compulsive Liar" by S,Jones is not on that list though...

I LOL this but then remembered your words about it being a competition, so I un-lol it. ;-)

I'd be lying if I said I was not upset by that Absurdistan...
  • Options
    48, not bad but thought after studying literature I would have faired better. Some classics there but some obscure books too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12 plus a couple of starters but non finishers (Lord of the Rings being one of them)

As someone else mentioned earlier - I read more crime/thriller books and a lot of those in the list were classics or more aimed at women.
  • Options
    38 but admittedly the classics were mainly way back when I was at school.....Birdsong would top my list here....not many books have touched me as this one did.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Kinda strange that Picture of Dorian Gray didn't make the list.
    Just noticed I missed A S Bryant Possession so up to 45.
  • Options
    9. Memoirs of a geisha possibly in my top five books if all time.

Snobby list, where are the thrillers.?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

9. Memoirs of a geisha possibly in my top five books if all time.

Snobby list, where are the thrillers.?

Yeah I enjoyed that one too....

• Options
    7. I'm not sure how they compiled the list but as they are all very different it seems likely that not many people would have chosen to read many of them!
  • Options
    30. One hundred years of solitude, heart of darkness and a christmas carol my favs on list.
  • Options
    59, which should make me feel smug and clever but has in fact made me realise I haven't read anything for ages (apart from Charlton Life)
  • Options
    6 - rather embarrassingly accurate! I do actually read, im just too busy watching TV to do it so much. A lot on that list dont really interest me either. Although i will soon be starting Nineteen Eighty-Four when it arrives, so ill claim my 7th shortly
  • Options
    69 (oh-er). What can I say, I like the classics.