Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Francis: Charlton Shambles

Comments

• Options
    All standard sort of stuff he would be expected to say.
  • Options
    It is a shambles.
  • Options
    Francis could easily have borne a grudge against CP, and he's certainly proved him/us wrong since. But these comments don't go down that road at all
  • Options
    Callum and Rhoys - I presume your instructions are clear!
  • Options
    I hope Harriot rips him a new one tonight.
  • Options
    Ironic given that I recall our defence being a shambles whenever he played...
  • Options
    Getting pelters from Simon Cleanshorts!

I've heard it all now.
  • Options
    He doesnt say anything wrong but he's still a useless tosser.
  • Options
    Guaranteed to play a blinder against us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He doesn't actually say Charlton are a shambles, it was his 'friends' still at the club. On his day a good player, with a decent cross. Never saw enough of it at Charlton though. I'm not going to encourage him by booing though as he seems to want that, from the content of that interview. Confuse him By clapping his name.
  • Options
    Who on earth could he still be friends with from that shower of shite team he played with that are 95% banished from the club?
  • Options
    Just increased his chances of being given a hard time by the fans, and therefore just increased his chances of scoring.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2014
    cafctom said:

Who on earth could he still be friends with from that shower of shite team he played with that are 95% banished from the club?

Jackson, Wiggins, Morrison and Hamer were all around weren't they?

• Options
    cafctom said:

Jackson, Gower, Matthew, Peacock, Solly

He didn't say they were all first team players at Charlton that he was still friends with.

• Options
    WSS said:

cafctom said:

Jackson, Wiggins, Morrison and Hamer were all around weren't they?

+ Solly & Hollands & Pritchard
  • Options
    Church to play left wing tonight in the battle of the Simons.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well, not from that era but Isn't Mark Gower his brother-in-law?
  • Options
    Simon Francis, he ain't got a clue
  • Options
    "I`m sure I`ll get a bit of stick from their fans but that`s all part and parcel of the game and I probably won`t notice the majority of it".

Down to us tonight to make sure he notices every second of it. But instead of booing, everytime he gets the ball, we should all just burst into laughter. He's such a precious thing, as we saw every time he went hiding in a red shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not as big of a shambles as when we had the likes of him playing for us.
  • Options
    I wish we'd just focus on our team and what we have to do tonight, rather than dig out opposition players.

He's moved on.
    It's about time that we do too.

• Options
    Can't say he's said anything worse that's what's been said on this forum.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Am surprised he didn't mention Mikel Alonso and Alan McCormack being too good for us. Just have to think back to that Carling cup game against Preston and then I relax.
  • Options
    He was a shocking defender for us and was definitely our weakness in defence, but i understand he has turned a corner playing for them and finally learnt how to tackle. Going forward was never a problem for him, tracking back was always an issue. He has only said this to get a reaction and guess what it has worked.
  • Options
    Alright so maybe he does have a few mates then. I'm certainly not one of them!

I didn't realize he was related to Mark Gower. Completely forgot about Danny Hollands as well. Haven't seen him in so long - I hear he is actually picking up a decent career as a body double for MC Example.
  • Options
    Francis was reasonable before he joined us, and clearly has been decent since he left us, it didn't work out for him at Charlton, but these things happen. After all, in all his previous clubs Johnny Jackson had a terrible goal scoring record, but it clicked when he joined us!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It has been a shambles which the owners have tried to hide.

He moved to a club at the right time and got lucky with there rich owner coming in. Fair play though he's kept his place in there team.

Hopefully we win.