Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Difference

Not saying we are out the woods yet and I was a big CP fan. CP would of shut up shop and nicked the point. Jose went 3 up top and nicked 3. That's the difference !

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Really, we never scored a winner in the last minute under Chris Powell?

This is ridiculous.

Well yes we did but I take the OP's point. Under Chrissy we rarely went for the win when we had a point to protect.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

This is ridiculous.

That is not the point being made.

• Options
    So, when we scored winners in the dying embers of a match under CP, it was despite the fact he was shutting up shop then?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

This is ridiculous.

You need to move on now, everyone does, only time will tell.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

So, when we scored winners in the dying embers of a match under CP, it was despite the fact he was shutting up shop then?

Well I take your point also but the fact remains that one of the biggest criticisms of CP in recent times was that his tactics were very negative. I agree with the OP.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Think u have missed my point !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And why oh why did CP not get Obika back in?
  • Options
    Beaten to it
  • Options
    Why did CP ever play Thuram when he isn't ready yet, whilst the Thunderbird Puppet Riga doesnt play him?
    I'm confused.
  • Options

Pointless argument chaps, let's just celebrate the win eh

Pretty difficult to celebrate now that automatic promotion is mathematically impossible tbh.
  • Options
    3 up front sounds different to me.
  • Options

Why did CP ever play Thuram when he isn't ready yet, whilst the Thunderbird Puppet Riga doesnt play him?
    I'm confused.

Thunderbird Puppet. Haha absolute class!

And maybe that was what Powell and RD couldn't see eye to eye on. Maybe thuram was sent to test Powell with RD knowing he was a liability all along...
  • Options

Mainly because until yesterday, we didn't have three forwards !

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

You're quite one dimensional
  • Options
    I'd say he kept the 4-5-1 but with the Sordell over on the right and Obika on the left, they can essentially be strikers while Church did the donkey work chasing about. The goal makes all the difference, and without sounding mean to Harriot as he's a great player, Obika was able to do a lot more when he came on for injured Harriot, that one wasn't tactical. Can't fault it except Danny Green starting, terrible player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014

Mainly because until yesterday, we didn't have three forwards !

So that's a good thing, yes?

Decided to sit in a quiet corner of my shed and listen to the remaining games with on my tranny.

Wake me up when we change our shirts to anything like these..
  • Options
    Must win game tonight, any manager, including Powell and Riga would not have shut up shop.

• Options
    Jeez, you're easily pleased A-R-T-H-U-R.
  • Options

From what I can make out this was very similar to the QPR game with us struggling to make chances from open play and then nicking it late on from a set-play.

There is such a fine line between success and failure at this level, if Bournemouth had scored with one of their chances and nicked it 1-0 then it would be all doom and gloom.

Truth be told Riga is probably not doing all that much different to Chris Powell, he is basically trying to squeeze every last drop out of an under-resourced squad that will do very well to stay up no matter who was in charge.

This is just it. For so long we were told that nobody in the world of football could do a better job with these players than Powell. Not saying that everything is down to Riga, but maybe by the end of the year Powells job may not look quite as miraculous.
  • Options

This is just it. For so long we were told that nobody in the world of football could do a better job with these players than Powell. Not saying that everything is down to Riga, but maybe by the end of the year Powells job may not look quite as miraculous.

Ooh, I'd say you were spinning the argument incredibly there. I don't recall anyone saying that "nobody" could do a better job with these players, just disagreeing with the assertion that "anybody" could.
  • Options
    No I am positive that some on here literally said that nobody could do a better job. Not everyone but some (a fair few) had that view
  • Options
    Well I am happy we won, and that we have kept three clean sheets in a row.

We just need to get out of this mess, first and foremost.
  • Options
    @LuckyReds, I agree with every word you have said there. I rarely get drawn into these things myself, but when you see blatant disregard for logic... and ... well, I'll leave it there.
  • Options
    Well done Jose 3 up top!