Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pitch

I thought last night that the pitch was starting to show some improvement. It seemed to play a lot better and there wasn't an occasion when it interfered with the game. Paddy was also looking a bit less stressed. Perhaps we are finally beginning to see the green shoots of recovery!

Comments

• Options
    No matter what it looks like now it's coming up in the summer and major works are happening !
  • Options
    Probably due to not having any rain for a couple of weeks and some good sunshine.
  • Options
    there is still a muddy wet bit near the East Stand towards the half way line - they must have watered the pitch before the game as you could see standing water & I doubt it was coming up from the water table.
  • Options
    Looked half decent and ran alright.
  • Options
    Bournemouth manager still said it was a poor surface. Still, we've got to keep on using it to our advantage
  • Options
    Cannot attend at present due to my health. Sky man at the match said the pitch still looked poor and had been watered prior to the game.
  • Options
    Well all the sun will help, grass only grows when the sun shines.
  • Options
    It's still not good, clearly controlling the ball and playing a passing game are trickier than they should be.
    It would be interesting to see how Barcelona cope with that surface :-)
  • Options
    Sean Dyche in. Says Valley pitch is "worst surface I've seen in many years. And I've played in all the divisions".
  • Options
    I think it has played worse since it has dried out. Horrible bobbles today.