Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New pound coins...

2»

Comments

• Options

cafcfan said:

Pound coins are 30 years old??? No way can that be true surely...

Yeah although the last Series D £1 note didn't go out of circulation until 1988.
    Monday 15 February 1971 was Decimalisation Day. I spent the weekend (incl Valentine's Day) converting handwritten bank ledgers from £sd to £p. What fun that was!
    Did you just have to convert the s&d to p or did the £s change as well?

Although the £s didn't change (obviously) each and every line had to be re-written in full - the most tedious thing I've ever had to do. Fortunately a few City boozers had sussed out that there would be massive numbers of people working the weekend and were sensible enough to open up. So some of the afternoon conversions may have been wrong!

• Options

cafcfan said:

Yeah although the last Series D £1 note didn't go out of circulation until 1988.
    Monday 15 February 1971 was Decimalisation Day. I spent the weekend (incl Valentine's Day) converting handwritten bank ledgers from £sd to £p. What fun that was!

Pretty sure Riviera makes mathematical errors just in order to argue with someone!
    Where is my error?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

cafcfan said:

Pretty sure Riviera makes mathematical errors just in order to argue with someone!
    Where is my error?
    Letting them reel you in.................
  • Options
    Riviera said:

cafcfan said:

Where is my error?
    you said pound coin was 31 years old.
    It is 30 years old - will be 31 years old in late April.
  • Options
    We can revive the old 'he's got a thrupenny bit ead' chant .. substitute new pound coin for thrupenny .. doesn't have quite the same ring to it though ..AND .. I would LOVE a sack full of new £1 coins as samples
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

cafcfan said:

Where is my error?
    you said pound coin was 31 years old.
    It is 30 years old - will be 31 years old in late April.
    I said 31 this year.
  • Options
    It sounds morbid but with these new coins still a couple of years away, presumably Prince Charles must have decided which name he will use when he is crowned so that the mint can prepare a KC3 (or whatever) version as well as the QE2 one?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You're right it's not true. 31 years old this year.
    But it is true....
    But you did then clarify this year....
  • Options

I like it, but how will I get my trolley at Morrisons?

Don't worry. They'll still accept the old coins and fobs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39278501