Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parzyszek Pen not enough to beat Canaries

Charlton: Phillips (Mitov 73); Muldoon, Evina, Cort (Gomez 70), Lennon; Hughes, Hollands, Munns (Daniel 62), Gerard (Jordan 55), Cook; Parzyszek (Holmes-Dennis 70).

Goals: Parzyszek (pen) 24, Munns 60

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140319-u21s-report-norwich-city-3-charlton-2-1431609.aspx#piWUGtxsv8jssIoM.99

Comments

• Options
    Cort getting some game time which is good news. Hopefully Solly will be soon as well.
  • Options
    Piotr continues his record of being prolific when there are no defenders near him...;)
  • Options
    How did Norwich score the winner with a last minute curler past Phillips...when the report seems to suggest he was subbed in the 73rd minute??

As above, good to see Leon back playing.
  • Options
    U21's Losing 1-0 at HT away to Crystal Palarse at the moment.
  • Options

The U21's just about managed to get a squad together. Only 3 on the bench. 4 academy players involved including both starting fullbacks.

Two injuries in the first half - Cook and Cort.

Early second half update..

47: A terrible miss by Parzyzsek after Jordan crosses from the left and the unmarked striker misses the target from four yards out.
    This PP must really be shocking!
    Can someone remind me how much we paid for him!!!
    This must go down as the biggest waste of money in recent history!!.....Especially considering the trouble we are in!
    Who the fuck is responsible???
    I just keep thinking 'Michael Smith' why why why????
    And now we have recalled JP, and he's only scored 1 post goal!!!!
  • Options
    why!!!!!!!!!! why???????? why!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Charlton side to play Palace U21s: Phillips, Barnes, Pyke, Hollands, Cort, Lennon, Munns, Gerard, Parzyzsek, Cook, Daniel.

Subs Afolabi, Thomas, Jordan

Polish Pete is awful, I think we have been sold a pup. Whoever scouted him wants stringing up.
  • Options
    Are Gomez, Edwards and Ahearne-Grant on international duty?
  • Options

The U21's just about managed to get a squad together. Only 3 on the bench. 4 academy players involved including both starting fullbacks.

47: A terrible miss by Parzyzsek after Jordan crosses from the left and the unmarked striker misses the target from four yards out.
    This must go down as the biggest waste of money in recent history!!.....Especially considering the trouble we are in!

You've never even seen the fella - but you seem to think he is shocking.

Is it any wonder our players want to turn on the fans sometimes?

Or in the squad for tomorrow night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

You've never even seen the fella - but you seem to think he is shocking.

Is it any wonder our players want to turn on the fans sometimes?

Or in the squad for tomorrow night

Think it might be down to important under 18 games coming up .
  • Options

Gomez is away with England U17's. Ahearne-Grant played for the U18's on Saturday, but not involved today.

I'd heard a rumour that Edwards might be off to pastures new. I have absolutely no idea if that's true or not.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Charlton side to play Palace U21s: Phillips, Barnes, Pyke, Hollands, Cort, Lennon, Munns, Gerard, Parzyzsek, Cook, Daniel.

Polish Pete is awful, I think we have been sold a pup. Whoever scouted him wants stringing up.

Did you watch the game?

Im not being a dick, i just wondered if that is your assessment of him after seeing him in a game.
  • Options
    Did anyone else on here see Pete in the U-21 game v QPR on the day of Riga's arrival? There were not many 'regulars' watching, mainly back-room staff and scouts, plus the 1st team squad when training finished. Pete didn't have much service, but showed some decent touches- though looked a bit lightweight against a burly QPR team. Not greatly impressed, but we did spend most of the first half defending.
  • Options
    Some people are way too harsh and have seemingly written him off as a disaster already. He's been here a couple of months, new country, new league, new style of play. He's been playing in the dutch 2nd division which is a pretty high scoring attack minded league, now he's come to us who to be fair, are the total opposite of that. Give him a chance, time to settle in, pre season with us behind him, then judge him.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Did you watch the game?

Im not being a dick, i just wondered if that is your assessment of him after seeing him in a game.
    I didn't go today as I have prostate cancer and on Thursday I had my prostate removed. So am recovering and won't be going to any more games this season, which I am gutted about. I have watched him twice previously and he has been really poor. I watched Michael Smith last season in a number of games and he is a class above Parzyzsek. It is early days but I can only give an opinion on what I have seen.
    I notice Koc was not playing, does that mean he will be playing on Tuesday?

• Options
    chilham said:

Did anyone else on here see Pete in the U-21 game v QPR on the day of Riga's arrival? There were not many 'regulars' watching, mainly back-room staff and scouts, plus the 1st team squad when training finished. Pete didn't have much service, but showed some decent touches- though looked a bit lightweight against a burly QPR team. Not greatly impressed, but we did spend most of the first half defending.

Yes I was there and I thought he was nowhere near strong enough for the Championship. I am not writing him off as he is still young, but he cost some money, which was better off being spent on someone who is used to Championship football.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Did you watch the game?

I didn't go today as I have prostate cancer and on Thursday I had my prostate removed. So am recovering and won't be going to any more games this season, which I am gutted about. I have watched him twice previously and he has been really poor. I watched Michael Smith last season in a number of games and he is a class above Parzyzsek. It is early days but I can only give an opinion on what I have seen.
    I notice Koc was not playing, does that mean he will be playing on Tuesday?

Cheers. Get well soon mate!
  • Options
    People got way too excited about PP when we signed him. He got over hyped as a first team ready, goal scoring sensation when in reality he was a 19 year old with a promising early career in a league well below the standard of the Championship.

Now it's turned out he is not first team ready and maybe even a bit off the pace at youth level right now, people are going over the top on the criticism of him.

I haven't seen him play so I'll take the word of those who have and say he's looked poor, but the lad is barely out of school, living away in a new country, playing with new team mates and its been a pretty tumultuous time at the Valley since he arrived. What has the lad played so far 4 or 5 youth team games? Way too early to write him off.

Time will tell if he develops into a good player for Charlton or disappears of to Hungary or Germany, but for now we just need to let him settle into his surroundings a bit and not expect too much to soon.

I do think it'd be stupid to throw him into the first team right now though.
  • Options
    People got excited because we allegedly sold Kermy for £400K & signed PP for £700K.

Some crazy fools had him down as a replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People got excited because we allegedly sold Kermy for £400K & signed PP for £700K.

Some crazy fools had him down as a replacement.

The club implied this was the case, that's why.
  • Options
    Sorry, that was me being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Not going to.critizise him as ive not seen him play (as I suspect is the case for most of us). All well and good investing in the future, but any money spent should have been on the current squad, considering the shit we're currently in...................
  • Options
    Yeah I saw his "performance" v QPR.

I have commented on it on at least two threads since. Dick Plumb's comments mirror mine unfortunately about Piss Poor Pete.
  • Options

Exactly, and we are told that RD hates 'splashing out" and especially hates paying money which goes to agents.

I would like to believe that RD has a superior way of building successful teams, I really would. But in the absence of an explanation from him, this situation (and I have heard the same figure as you for PP) is just baffling, and does not inspire confidence.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

It's a bit like sitting there worrying about how you're going to pay this month's mortgage, when the missus comes home with a new hair do and a BluRay player!

We needed a decent, Championship experienced striker to replace the decent one we had, and instead we got a new head coach, a lorry full of Senseballs™ and a reserve team bean pole!

Don't disagree with that - none of it is PP's fault though. It gets on my tits when we apply derogatory nicknames to any player still at the club, even if they've been terrible for years, but eff me, the lad's been here five mins, is not even old enough to drink in some parts of the world but he's already got the moniker 'Piss Poor Pete'. Great 'support' as usual.

Genuine question - where has this 700 k fee come from? The OS stated it as an undisclosed fee - how reliable is the source for the actual fee paid or is this one of those semi-credible rumours that quickly became a cold hard Charlton Life fact based on heresay alone?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Genuine question - where has this 700 k fee come from?

Good question.

At the time some journo in Holland estimated the deal to be worth around 400k Euros.

Nowhere near 700k GBP.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I think of Sam Vokes. I'm pretty certain that if you look back in the annals of time on here you will see that I rated Sam Vokes as a player and wanted to sign him. That's when he was a young and scrawny striker. But he knew where the goal was. Against Burnley I was surprised just how much he has filled out now - he was a real handful against us.

Polish Pete knows where the goal is but looks like he needs to beef up a bit. But give him a year or so to settle and get in the weights room and you might just be surprised.
    He's apparently got the technique and ability - just needs to get up to speed and get stronger
  • Options

Don't disagree with that - none of it is PP's fault though. It gets on my tits when we apply derogatory nicknames to any player still at the club, even if they've been terrible for years, but eff me, the lad's been here five mins, is not even old enough to drink in some parts of the world but he's already got the moniker 'Piss Poor Pete'. Great 'support' as usual.

Genuine question - where has this 700 k fee come from? The OS stated it as an undisclosed fee - how reliable is the source for the actual fee paid or is this one of those semi-credible rumours that quickly became a cold hard Charlton Life fact based on heresay alone?

Feeling's mutual @Exiled_Addick‌, you're absolutely correct about disparaging players and you're right, none of this is Pete's fault and no venom should be sent his way.

I employed a little artistic licence with the bean pole moniker, but did so lovingly ;-)