Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton (H) game moved

To Good Friday, 18th April 3pm kick off

Comments

• Options
    Extra 24 hours rest before Sheff Weds away can't be a bad thing.
  • Options
    No good for me as I'd planned to be away that day...Not happy
  • Options

Extra 24 hours rest before Sheff Weds away can't be a bad thing.

Agreed. Especially with our hectic schedule.
  • Options
    Always approve of playing Good Friday, personally (as long as it's at home). Think you get a (marginally) better crowd, too.
  • Options
    well seeing as we are playing the Tuesday before then that is one day's less rest before the Bolton game. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options

well seeing as we are playing the Tuesday before then that is one day's less rest before the Bolton game. Swings and roundabouts.

True but the tuesday game is also at home so no travelling involved. In fact after Leeds we've got 4 home games and Brighton away so all the rest time for the squad will be vital.
  • Options

No good for me as I'd planned to be away that day...Not happy

Not happy too! Am away that week (half term) - already missing Barnsley and was coming back Friday night specially for the Bolton game...!
  • Options
    Not good as now have to try and get the day off work!
  • Options
    Delighted, seeing Adam Ant at Hamersmith Apollo on the Saturday and it was going to be a rush.
  • Options
    On Good Friday, it always appears that the whole country closes down as they have to mourn for JC. I welcome football on this day but thhis could be knocked back if London transport tubes and railway grinds to a halt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant, couldn't have gone on the Saturday so I'll take that!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

On Good Friday, it always appears that the whole country closes down as they have to mourn for JC. I welcome football on this day but thhis could be knocked back if London transport tubes and railway grinds to a halt.

Usually a Saturday service, I believe.
  • Options
    much better and free's up the weekend
  • Options
    Gutted. Booked Holiday knowing I was missing Brighton Away,

Now missing two home games as well.
  • Options
    Really p***ed off about this. Do teams have no consideration for fans travelling a long distance? My arrangements were booked months ago. I can accept (but not like) that TV changes fixtures and I know to hold off booking until you see the Sky games announced. This obviously has been changed on the whim of the club(s) with less than a month to go. How many supporters (particularly from Bolton) could only afford to go because they bought advanced rail tickets that are worthless now.
  • Options
    addickson said:

Really p***ed off about this. Do teams have no consideration for fans travelling a long distance? My arrangements were booked months ago. I can accept (but not like) that TV changes fixtures and I know to hold off booking until you see the Sky games announced. This obviously has been changed on the whim of the club(s) with less than a month to go. How many supporters (particularly from Bolton) could only afford to go because they bought advanced rail tickets that are worthless now.

Although I really feel for you, it may not be the clubs fault. The Police may have had something to do with it (especially as Good Friday is double time, where as Easter Saturday wouldn't have been).
  • Options
    addickson said:

I agree, BUT YOU CAN CHANGE ADVANCE TICKETS AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A FEW HOURS BEFORE. IT COSTS £10 PER JOURNEY, BUT BETTER THAN LOSING OUT ALTOGETHER. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    It's really annoying, had planned to go to wimbledon v newport on the friday and our game on the sat. It hasn't cost me any money as we stay with friends in twickenham. Still a bit frustrating as we have been planning this weekend since before christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014

Delighted, seeing Adam Ant at Hamersmith Apollo on the Saturday and it was going to be a rush.

Haha same here! I'm delighted that it has been moved...
  • Options
    Stubley, have you seen him recently? I saw him not long ago at The Orchard in Dartford and was surprised how good he was, went along for old times sake and came away impressed.
  • Options

Brilliant, couldn't have gone on the Saturday so I'll take that!

In the same boat. Can now add Bolton to Yeovil and Barnsley as my last games of the season. :-)
  • Options
    Love Good Friday games. Remember some great ones in the 1960's at the Valley, then you played the same team away on the Monday. There was one I remember well, we beat Preston 5-2 and Cliff Holton scored direct from a free kick at the Covered End. It was quite possibly the hardest I've ever seen a dead ball kicked and that was near the end of Cliff's career.
  • Options
    Oh, the date's been changed. Thank f**k for that. For a minute I thought it had been moved to another location.

E I E I E I O, back to shithouse park we go...................
  • Options
    Cheers Covered End, I was thinking about the Bolton fans with advanced rail tickets. I'm flying down with BA, so it costs 60 quid plus difference in flights to change, hence my dismay!!

I think my general thrust still stands, a change of fixture with less than a months notice is annoying, glad that it suits some fans though
  • Options
    addickson said:

I think my general thrust still stands, a change of fixture with less than a months notice is annoying, glad that it suits some fans though

I live in Charlton and it doesn't suit me. I do feel for distant fans for both teams.
  • Options

Stubley, have you seen him recently? I saw him not long ago at The Orchard in Dartford and was surprised how good he was, went along for old times sake and came away impressed.

Yeah I went to that gig....saw him in Chatham and Cambridge in recent years too!
  • Options

Love Good Friday games. Remember some great ones in the 1960's at the Valley, then you played the same team away on the Monday. There was one I remember well, we beat Preston 5-2 and Cliff Holton scored direct from a free kick at the Covered End. It was quite possibly the hardest I've ever seen a dead ball kicked and that was near the end of Cliff's career.

My first ever game at The Valley !!