Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kate Bush - First tour since 1979

2»

Comments

• Her dad was my Doctor in Plumstead.

Just saying ;-)

My mum taught her gymnastics

Just saying ;-)

• I was going to try to get tickets but them I realised much like with the recent krafwerk and fleetwood mac comebacks I was never into her that much in the first place and wasn't going to suddenly claim to be.

The tickets for this tour were brought to you in association with iTunes and all the people downloading her back catalogue .
  • Mrkinski said:

I went to one of the palladium gigs on her (only) tour. Don't think there's much chance of getting a ticket for these dates. Fans from all over the world will be trying to get tickets.

My wife went, too. She's got no interest in these dates, doesn't want to ruin the memory.
  • edited March 2014

I reckon will sell out in an hour.

15 minutes.

See that's already been pointed out. Must learn to read then post.
  • Goonerhaters ex
  • I might be wrong but didn't she have some sort of fear of playing live at one stage. If she tries all those high pitched numbers 35 years on with a middle aged voice it could get very messy. I like her stuff but I'm in the "don't spoil the memories" camp. And the ticket prices are a joke!
  • I might be wrong but didn't she have some sort of fear of playing live at one stage. If she tries all those high pitched numbers 35 years on with a middle aged voice it could get very messy. I like her stuff but I'm in the "don't spoil the memories" camp. And the ticket prices are a joke!

Yes she did have a fear of live performance after a lighting engineer working on her show was killed in a work related accident.
  • I bl@@dy tried, secured a ticket and then the bl@@dy site wouldn't take me through bl@@dy payment process and so in the end I bl@@dy failed miserably :-((
  • Absolutely rave reviews from her first show.
  • But not singing her biggest hit.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

But not singing her biggest hit.

Wow! Unbelievable!
  • MrOneLung said:

But not singing her biggest hit.

Wow! Unbelievable!
    No it was Wuthering Heights she didn't sing ;)
  • I felt really privileged to be there on Tuesday night.
    I don't think anyone familiar with her work would have expected her to do anything from her first four albums and certainly not Wuthering Heights.
  • When I think of Kate Bush I think of...
    Wuthering Heights
    The Man With The Child In His Eyes
    Babushka
    This Woman's Love
    Running Up That Hill

Did she sing any of those?
  • Its funny but up until today I had seen nothing but positive reviews and praise for Kate Bush's comeback.

As someone who is not a great fan and not familiar with her back catalogue apart from the obvious hits , I always suspected that she would not sacrifice her artistic integrity to just do a greatest hits tour after 35 years. So I have little sympathy with those complaining in this morning's Metro about her not singing Babooshka or Wuthering Heights.

I suspect this is the media wanting it both ways just to fill out a paper . Good luck to her .
  • Going tomorrow night, and didn't expect a greatest hits set, but Hounds of Love and Running up that Hill are in the set, so that will do me.

Hounds of Love is my favourite album and the second half of that gets played in full, so I'm delighted.
  • I felt really privileged to be there on Tuesday night.
    I don't think anyone familiar with her work would have expected her to do anything from her first four albums and certainly not Wuthering Heights.

Just out of curiosity do you know why she will not play any track from the first 4 albums? Is it from a bad time in her career?
  • Snobbery and voice can't hack it.