Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket Office

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Just got back from the ticket office at The Valley. There was a bloke in front of me in the queue with his girlfriend, looked about 19,20 years old. Asks for two junior tickets for the Reading game. "Are they for you?"...... "yes"..... "are you under 18?"... "yes"... "that will be £20"... "ok here's my credit card"........

Comments

• Options
    ha ha, what happened after that?
  • Options
    can't you get a credit card if you are under 18 then ? Loads of 1617 yr olds work. What about these new pre-paid credit/debit cards ?
  • Options
    answered my own question. Pre paid credit/debit cards ARE available to under 18's.
  • Options
    Doesn't having a pre-paid CREDIT card defeat the object?

I see the logic though if that makes sense
  • Options
    I think that they are a blinding idea for the financially insecure
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Doesn't having a pre-paid CREDIT card defeat the object?

I see the logic though if that makes sense

They are pre-paid DEBIT cards, which the CAFC ticket office dont accept
  • Options
    I couldn't tell you what type of card it was but the fact the bloke looked about 20 says enough. I'd have asked him for ID. Anyway, the card m/c wasn't working so he had to go the cashpoint outside the club shop to withdraw the cash and pay.
  • Options
    its really just because you're getting older so younger people look even younger to you :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think that they are a blinding idea for the financially insecure

so is cash...perhaps somebody should invent that...
  • Options
    Fair play to the people who try it, whenever i try it they are always funny about giving me a under 16 ticket.

But if your just 16 say , then i'd say it's a bit unfair having to pay adult prices.

Although the turnstile stewards at Charlton would let a 25 year old in with an oap ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i've got in on the under 11's ticket this year at the turnstile...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i've got in on the under 11's ticket this year at the turnstile...

No!

You've gotta be taking the piss
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    I'm not. It was the Watford game. My dad had a mate to go and i forgot to get the under 11 ticket upgraded so i thought i'd chance my luck - it worked.

This is despite the tickets being a completely different colour.