Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

streaming boxes for Netflix, Amazon Prime etc

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've got a now TV box going free if anyone wants?
  • Options
    Get a Minix Neo box, you can get them on Ebay, everything you want on there including Sky Sports
  • Options
    what's Minix?
    Not sure I want to know since can't choose a streaming stick between Roku and Chromecast!
  • Options
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but my mum has asked me to get her something to watch netflix on. First thought was Roku express but her tv doesn't have a USB port. Am considering a cheap ps3 but wondered about chromecast.
    My mum is a technophobe so is it fairly straightforward starting netflix up on it? Obviously I'd set it all up but when I'm not there I want her to be able to access it comfortably. Also she only has a basic internet connection, would that be enough? 
  • Options
     Does the TV have a hdmi socket?

A amazon fire stick would work fine if it does
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yes it does. Never had one, will google it but are they controlled through the phone or can you get a remote?

Edit comes with remote, great that should do the trick then cheers. 
  • Options
    Roku 'boxes' are cheap (£20-30) and pretty easy to set up. You can have all steaming services and live TV in one place and they come with a remote.
  • Options
    Roku 'boxes' are cheap (£20-30) and pretty easy to set up. You can have all steaming services and live TV in one place and they come with a remote.
    Would be ideal but need to connect usb. 
  • Options
    Newer fire sticks have Alexa built in so can just speak in to the remote "play **** on Netflix" and it will play the show.
  • Options
    Has she got virgin ?

Netflix channel 204 
    amazon prime channel 205 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Has she got virgin ?

Netflix channel 204 
    amazon prime channel 205 
    Cheers but no doesn't want virgin or sky just has a freeview recorder. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You can connect a roku Streaming stick through HDMI.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Ah ok didn't realise they did a stick thought it was just a box. Will have a look at that too then cheers. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Ah ok didn't realise they did a stick thought it was just a box. Will have a look at that too then cheers. 
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/players

Hopefully this might help.
    looks like most of the devices work with a HDMI but we have the sticks so can confirm they def do 👍