Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Davies sacked.

Comments

• Options
    MSE7 is Nolly

Fact :)
  • Options
    Chris Powell to Forest?
  • Options
    Peltier has turned them down too.
  • Options

Chris Powell to Forest?

Only if he lends us Andy Reid.

• Options
    Addick90 said:

reporting talks have broken down

MSE7 told me he'd been appointed.
  • Options
    Addick90 said:

reporting talks have broken down

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Warnock-Forest-hits-glitch/story-20846841-detail/story.html

“I did not feel the conditions of the job were right for me to manage,” Warnock said. “I wish them well for the rest of the season."
  • Options
    interesting that Warnock does not want the job ... too much of a poisoned chalice ? .. not enough money ? .. media commitments ? .. anyway, the more confusion. the more it helps us tomorrow evening
  • Options
    More like another Roland Duchatelet up there. No wonder no one wants the job.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    C'mon Charlton

This might be our only chance to ever beat Brazil
  • Options

MSE7 is Nolly

Fact :)

The new Masicat more like! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will hold my hands up and take my beating like a man, but one thing I won't do is run....you won't move me!!
  • Options
    Fair play to you :-)))
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2014
    Well done MSE7. It made for some entertainment on the thread. Great spirit despite being a bit incorrect.
  • Options

A Championship standard right back is available for loan until the end of the season. Sign him up now.
  • Options
    Really don't understand why Warnock was in the running? a 65 year old? how longs he going to be there? 2 year max?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

A Championship standard right back is available for loan until the end of the season. Sign him up now.
    But we have Loic Nego...

Henry Winter and Geoff Shreeves are not holding back on Billy Davies tonight.
  • Options
    Just spoke to a mate of mine who has covered Davies at Derby and Forest for the regional press.

His view of Davies: "Biggest c--t in football, bar none."
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Really don't understand why Warnock was in the running? a 65 year old? how longs he going to be there? 2 year max?

Alex Ferguson retired at 71.....and maybe Warnocks 7 promotions had something to do with it.

• Options

interesting that Warnock does not want the job ... too much of a poisoned chalice ? .. not enough money ? .. media commitments ? .. anyway, the more confusion. the more it helps us tomorrow evening

or simply he lives in Cornwall and doesn't want to either travel back & forth or live in the Midlands for a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just spoke to a mate of mine who has covered Davies at Derby and Forest for the regional press.

Worse than Alain Pardieu?? Blimey.

• Options

Worse than Alain Pardieu?? Blimey.

My mate is a football reporter and says that Pardew is very clever in dealing with the national press, keeps on good terms and is very matey - hence he gets a pretty decent run even when he headbutts someone.

By contrast Davies would go out of his way to pick fights with them and be a real ar--hole.
  • Options
    Billy Davies isn't a snidey c**t like Pardew so Pardew is still king of the c**ts

Only a few months back he was very praising of us after our 1-1 home draw and went in our changing room after the match and offered up some words of encouragement to our team, which was a nice gesture
  • Options
    Warnock turned it down after being told he didn't have final say on transfers and he was told he had to play a Kuwaiti goalkeeper.

sound familiar!
  • Options

Not a done deal yet. Gary Brazil in charge tomorrow, apparently

Fascinating account of the madness of the Davies reign here. The "North Korea of the Midlands" apparently. Puts our goings on in a bit of context.

Or was this the account of someone who didn't like him?

The journalist says:

1. He fell out with the media
    2. Got jobs for friends / family
    3. Fell out with the board over transfers

Well Alex Ferguson fell out with the media, employed family and it would not be a surprise if he occasionally disagreed with the board.

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Well seeing as the average reign of a manager these days is about one season, i don't think his age mattered that much
  • Options
    I still rate him as a very good manager though.

Interesting piece here - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest
  • Options

Fascinating account of the madness of the Davies reign here. The "North Korea of the Midlands" apparently. Puts our goings on in a bit of context.

The journalist says:

Well Alex Ferguson fell out with the media, employed family and it would not be a surprise if he occasionally disagreed with the board.

A bit more than 'falling out'. He took to filming them. That is press harassment. And if it wasn't true, it would not be printed in national newspaper.

I think given what @ormistonaddick tells us above, you have to give this account a lot of credibility.

I also understood that one of the sticking points when we talked to him was his insistence on bringing in his entire crew. I think this would have meant for example the sacking of people like Keith Peacock.

• Options

The journalist says:

A bit more than 'falling out'. He took to filming them. That is press harassment. And if it wasn't true, it would not be printed in national newspaper.

I think given what @ormistonaddick tells us above, you have to give this account a lot of credibility.

I also understood that one of the sticking points when we talked to him was his insistence on bringing in his entire crew. I think this would have meant for example the sacking of people like Keith Peacock.

And as we all know, the national press would never do such a thing.