Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thing are looking dire at the Den

I can't see how Millwall will avoid the drop, especially after last nights result against Birmingham.
I'll be sad to see them in a different division to us next year (as long as we do the business). I see them as a rival team rather than the enemy and look forward to the games each year.

Yeovil and Barnsley are at least showing some fight !, what's happened to the "Mighty Lions", they cant blame it on poor ownership.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Not wishing to be flippant but in answer to the last para don't know, don't care. Plenty of football left yet, my only concern is that we stay in this division. If the Spanners go through the trap door then that will be a bonus but no premature gloating from me.
  • Options
    Just looked at their fixtures. Their away games are Forest, Wigan, Boro and QPR. Can't see many points there. Their home games are winnable but last night was a big blow for them.

4 wins for us will see us through
  • Options
    Think they need to win 5 of their last 8 to have a chance. A very big ask for a side that's only won 7 out of 38.
  • Options
    Only 3 points behind us
  • Options
    Looking at their fixtures I can see 11 points possibly 12. We need to get 9 points from our 11 remaining games which should be enough to stay ahead of them. It's Yeovil that I am more concerned about. I honestly think we can forget about Blackpool, Donny or anyone else getting dragged in at this stage. Yeovil and Barnsley are no lose games. Will go to the wire. I think we might need a point at Blackpool. I'm not gloating yet either.
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Only 3 points behind us

indeed. lets not order the party poppers yet.
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Only 3 points behind us

And we have 3 games in hand. One of which is Barnsley, another is to a Watford side who will have nothing to play for.

I'd like to think we can win 4 out of 11 (quite realistic i think) and get 47 points. That leaves the bottom 3 needing to win 5 from 8.

Our goal difference counts for an extra point over those sides too.
  • Options
    3rd tier is their rightful place. Shame we couldn't beat the t*ssers, need to put them in their place but sod it, let them mould in league one
  • Options
    Yeovil have thrown away 6 points in the last three games managing to turn wins into draws. They have thrown away 27 points over the course of the season in this way. They can score but can't help but concede. Yeovil and Barnsley at home are must not lose games and I'd take four points from those two games if offered now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looking at their squad at the start of the season I thought they looked quite strong and competitive ... not so .. the trapdoor and the noose beckon ... ((:>)
  • Options
    Who was the millwall fan on here at the start of season adament they'd finish above us? Not saying it's done and dusted just can't remember the username.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I can seen us beating Yeovil and Barnsley and watford.

Our home games will decide our fate. Every home game is a cup final. Every away point gained is a bonus.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have gone both ways with the Spanners for much of our time in the Premiership I even used to go there occasionally with a mate and I would support them . I even wanted them to beat United in the Cup Final. It was only when we played them again that I remembered how obnoxious their fans are. So generally I agree with petetheaddick about them being a rival team and not the enemy .In an ideal world I would like them to stay up because it is an interesting fixture albeit one that normally disappoints.

In terms of their performance this season I agree that the comparison is with Curbs (Jackett) the long term manager who probably realised that his time was through at the club , Dowie ( Lomas ) a controversial choice as manager who was unpopular with the fans who is then allowed to bring in more expensive players than they would normally have done to show that the Chairman still had ambition and Pardew (Holloway) the 'big name' manager who couldn't pick up the pieces.
  • Options
    Long way to go yet. They are only 3 points behind us, we have two HUGE home games against Barnsley and Yeovil
  • Options
    I've always wanted us, Millwall and Palace in the same division as long as we are top dog and beat them both rarely happened though .. if at all.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I have gone both ways with the Spanners for much of our time in the Premiership I even used to go there occasionally with a mate and I would support them . I even wanted them to beat United in the Cup Final. It was only when we played them again that I remembered how obnoxious their fans are. So generally I agree with petetheaddick about them being a rival team and not the enemy .In an ideal world I would like them to stay up because it is an interesting fixture albeit one that normally disappoints.

In terms of their performance this season I agree that the comparison is with Curbs (Jackett) the long term manager who probably realised that his time was through at the club , Dowie ( Lomas ) a controversial choice as manager who was unpopular with the fans who is then allowed to bring in more expensive players than they would normally have done to show that the Chairman still had ambition and Pardew (Holloway) the 'big name' manager who couldn't pick up the pieces.

I'm wondering who their Powell will be. Maybe this loveable little fella who is now coaching down under? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Muscat
  • Options

looking at their squad at the start of the season I thought they looked quite strong and competitive ... not so .. the trapdoor and the noose beckon ... ((:>)

same here. chaplow, bailey, beevers, morrison .... i cast envious glances at these acquisitions at the time. with the exception of morrison they have all been total failures it seems, not playing many games.

tricky to play in front of them goons i suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't see how Millwall will avoid the drop, especially after last nights result against Birmingham.
    I'll be sad to see them in a different division to us next year (as long as we do the business). I see them as a rival team rather than the enemy and look forward to the games each year.

Yeovil and Barnsley are at least showing some fight !, what's happened to the "Mighty Lions", they cant blame it on poor ownership.

No it won't. I hate them with a passion. I'd like them to do a Luton, but stay afloat so we don't inherit their fans.
  • Options
    I want to see Millwall in League Two as soon as possible. And for their "big" league derby every season to be against Palace.
  • Options
    Do u think they would sad if we went down?
    Course they f##king wouldnt it would be all over
    Bermonsdey station !
    Remember it?
    Bet the knobheads arnt gloating today?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I say it again, if I won the lottery I would buy them and then instantly close them down. Then get witness protection.

Just appoint Dowie and save some dough whilst they slip nice and slowly into oblivion and no need for witness protection, let Dowie take the heat :0)
  • Options
    Millwall being relegated sad????

Hmmmm..........

Nah!
  • Options
    Fuk them where All of is finish is where we deserve
  • Options
    IF we beat Barnsley and Yeovil - they are literally six pointers and that may be enough to keep them below us
  • Options
    I am only ever comfortable about Millwall when we are two divisions above them in our rightful place. "We'll never play you again…."