Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lower ticket price for the midweek home games?

I think the club should consider doing a lower pricing for the midweek home games to get bigger crowds in?

Comments

• Options
    Why? The gaps in the stands can't be seen under floodlights; perhaps more fans on weekend games would look better?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    was thinking this myself on the train this morning. I'd be happy if they did adults a tenner and a kid for a quid even if it meant I lost out as a season ticket holder. the more the merrier I say.

oh, I don't mean in general but for Yeovil, Barnsley and Watford where we need the support I say go for it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't think it would make much difference. The main reason midweek crowds are in decline is the practicalities around attending evening games and, in some cases, the scheduling of live Premier League and European football on TV against them, which is not permitted on a Saturday afternoon.

• Options
    I think the fixtures could be managed better for example last night Bournemouth were at home to Leeds and Leicester at home to Yeovil.

If they were scheduled as Bournemouth v Yeovil and Leicester v Leeds then maybe the attendances would improve.

Also last night Torquay were at York, nice little midweek trip for the away fans!!!
  • Options

I don't think it would make much difference. The main reason midweek crowds are in decline is the practicalities around attending evening games and, in some cases, the scheduling of live Premier League and European football on TV against them, which is not permitted on a Saturday afternoon.

Not sure I buy the TV game argument.

Do Charlton fans who would normally attend games really think "I won't go to the Valley tonight because Man U are on the telly"?

Would non-Charlton fans realistically think "There is no CL on the telly tonight, I'll go to the Valley instead"?

Maybe a handful, but can't really see it being more than that.

Personally I think it's time to get rid of the Saturday 3pm blackout.
  • Options
    I'm thinking more of the atmosphere it could generate for the important games coming more than anything. Another few thousand would help?
  • Options
    I generally think the atmosphere on midweek games is pretty good and I tend to enjoy them more. We also seem to play better as well, our last midweek home games have been WDDWDW. Agree we need a big support for Barnsley and Yeovil though.
  • Options
    I go to more evening games that Saturday ones.
  • Options
    The Barnsley & Yeovil games were my main points for a bigger crowd as they are a must not lose.
  • Options
    At least the Barnsley game is now during the school Easter hols so plenty of young 'uns to swell our numbers that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At least the Barnsley game is now during the school Easter hols so plenty of young 'uns to swell our numbers that night.

*Bloody kids....*

• Options
    A return of the regular friday night games would be good.