Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The right result

According to www.rightresult.net we would be 13th on the table if the referees had taken all the right decisions.
Nice to see, although there is nothing as subjctive as a right decision.

Comments

• Options
    Very interesting site
  • Options
    I just had a look at it too.

1) They make the assumption that if a penalty had been awarded, it would have been a certain goal.

2) That if a disallowed goal had been awarded then no further incident would have occurred to affect the result.
    Surely that is only likely to happen with 'added time' decisions?

Amongst Charlton references, the legendary Poll/lino cock up in the home v Fulham match is mentioned.

Also, Gallas blatant handball that 'had' to be a penalty home v Arsenal. Gallas should have been red-carded.
    But no mention that Van Persie should have been red-carded for the off the ball scything down of Hasselbaink
    and shouldn't have been on the pitch to equalise let alone score the winner; or that he'd received a yellow for the Hasselbaink incident - and should have been yellow-carded again and sent off for removing his shirt when celebrating.
    Even at 2-1 at the time, Arsenal having to play 40 minutes with just 10 men quite possibly would have affected the result.

Sorry, I've gone off on one.
    Don't know why I got so excited...
  • Options
    Your bang on tho mate. I'm just gutted you have reminded me of all the shite we have had to take this season. What about the handball against watford at our place that was 4 or 5 yards inside the box and the ref gave us a free kick outside. Or in the same game when i think it was Mbent bundled over as he was about to tap the ball home from about 3 yards NO PENALTY??!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    And of course Sankofa.......