Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

yeovil v barnsley

I notice yeovil are hosting barnsley in a six pointer this weekend, not that I think we need to rely on other teams results, but what do you think would be the best result for us?

Comments

• Options
    Personal opinion this, logical result for us has to be the draw, neither get confidence from it and it will be a deflating one if we and/or Millwall win. Would be too scared of Yeovil using momentum of their heavy scoring to say I want them to win.
  • Options
    0-0.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Personal opinion this, logical result for us has to be the draw, neither get confidence from it and it will be a deflating one if we and/or Millwall win. Would be too scared of Yeovil using momentum of their heavy scoring to say I want them to win.

On the other side of the coin they are conceding lots of late goals, they have squandered 27 points or something like that very late in games, which must be gut wrenching and casts doubt in the mind so you end up witha little Devil on your shoulder helping you to fulfil a non winning prophesy. A draw would be good and as long as we keep up a point a game ratio and don't lose to either of them, we should have enough IMO.
  • Options
    hoping on a draw
  • Options
    A draw of course. Duh.
  • Options
    Any kind of draw will do but I fancy Yeovil to win .
  • Options
    Nil nil with lot's of sendings off and pulled hamstrings for both sides.

Barnsley have a tough run in so a win for them may not be the worst result. Yeovil have thrown away quite a few points recently but can score goals

Expect Millwall to beat Blackburn as well
  • Options
    Draw definitely best result although I also fancy Yeovil to win. Don't see Millwall beating Blackburn on current form, I think they will do well to get a point. If all 3 draw that will do us fine as I think we will do well to get anything at Derby.
  • Options
    Yes definitely a draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Yeovil win is best for us
  • Options
    No a Barnsley win is best
  • Options
    There are three points available. If it is a draw one of those points is gone forever so a draw is best for us.
  • Options
    Yeovil are stronger than our other relegation candidates so a Barnsley win for me.
  • Options
    0-0 draw with a big barny and multiple sending offs (with Ishmael Miller doing something especially naughty).
  • Options
    Nil nil and both teams have three sent off.
  • Options
    Hope for a draw. Failing that, a Barnsley win..........
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    don't care, no point worrying in advance about other teams results, if we can get, say, 3 wins and 4 draws out of 11 we should be safe
  • Options
    Both teams to pick up several niggling injuries.
    Cataclysmic downpour after eighty minutes, forcing the ref to abandon the game.
    0-0 in the re-match, with lots of red cards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it will be a draw. I've got a score on 1-1.
  • Options
    If we do the business and consistantly pick up points in the games we have left, it really doesn't matter what others team do.

But if we want to feel good on Saturday night, a point from our game and a draw at Yeovil v Barnsley maintains our current 3 point safety margin.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If that comes to pass, can you tell me the lottery numbers for the next draw, please?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

That would never happen at Yeovil........
  • Options
    really dont want Barnsley to win as they woudl have won back to back (something we have not done this season) and really have momentum. A draw would be best but failing that a Yeovil win.
  • Options
    Ideally a draw for me but if I had to pick a winner it would be Barnsley as they currently have a -30 GD as compared to -22 for Yeovil
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd like a Barnsley win
  • Options
    0 - 0 but I think Yeovil will win.
  • Options
    I reckon Yeovil will take the lead early on and it will be 4-1 at 80 minutes, until the Tykes pull 3 back for another late draw for the Glovers. Both teams concede for fun and both are capable of scoring more than 2. A defeat for Millwall will see them start to be cast adrift.