Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MCFC - CAFC - my ratings

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Carson 8 - solid as ever & one fantastic save midway through the 2nd - untroubled for long periods
Young 7 - good game from Luke often up against the pacy Vassell never lost his man
HH 7 - limited at LB these days but battled superbly
Diawara 8 - gargantuan as ever, defensive lapses kept to a bare minimu & handled Mpenza superbly
Borat 6 - as ever an accident waiting to happen however a few key challenges & a few keystone challenges, poor distribution
Song 9 - all over the park, tackling back & probing intelligently - great game, bossed midfield
Faye 6 - provided solid back up for Song but a shadow of the player he replaced today
Thomas 5 - shocking final ball, had at least 15 crosses from open play & dead balls - only 1 was any good, battled hard though but poor game - should have been subbed
ZZ 7 - intelligent use of teh ball but missing for much of the game
M Bent 6 - anonymous but did track back well at times
D Bent 6 - starved of service which was ashame as the City back 4 was not up to much

Romm 0 - hopeless contribution in the 15 seconds he had

Comments

• Options
    Agreed Oakster, Romm was shocking in his 15 seconds on the pitch and should therefore be the new scapegoat for our plight!!! LOL.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Agreed - Romm, having come on with 15 seconds left - should have been subbed himself before the end.

Pard's secret weapon. Ambrose could have told Romm how it's done.
  • Options
    Agreed Re Romm - what a waste (of time)!

Can't agree re Song - his distribution was woeful - don't think he found a red shirt at all in first half. Improved a bit in second, but for me that's two below par performances in a row from him. Last two matches the midfield has not been at the races, which is why we have been so under pressure for much of time. Hope he's back to his best on Monday.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Faye is absolute jank - his first touch is appalling

Pards must bring in Bougherra for Borat -

Song was amazing - for 19 years old the boy is fantastic - Weegie u watched a different game he was great
  • Options
    Song had a quiet first half and a better second half.Not been great in the last 2 games, but of course he also has a hamstring problem, which must be hindering him.
  • Options
    Sorry Weegie can't agree Alex Song is a revelation,he refuses to play long hopeful balls it's a pleasure to watch a player intent on playing football.
  • Options
    Song played several 'defence splitting type' passes that were just slightly underhit and intercepted.
    If they had come off, like setting up Luke Young's goal at Watford, people would have been raving about him.

You can see what Song is trying to do and, as Ledge says, for 19 years old the boy is fantastic.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Song....the kid is 19, been dropped in it at the deep end, wants the shirt, gives his all and is a superb footballer his attitude, ability and commitment to the plight he found us in has been excellent and one of the key reasons we now find ourselves in with a shout. Or would you prefer Kish back there. Sorry Weegie you are way off mark
  • Options
    Song, always looking to hurt the opposition with a killer pass, if it's not there, he turns and looks again, if it's still not there we keep the ball and start again. The lad is quality, would love to sign him if we stay up (or go down for that matter).
  • Options
    Song. Quality. End of discussion.

Best centre-midfielder we've had since Parker and Kinsella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with you all about Song. The guy is just brilliant, a joy to watch.

Can't agree with El Karkouri. For me he was our MOTM. He was on the end of everything. Don't normally rate him that much, sometimes think he's a liability, but I think yesterday he was superb. I was surprised and impressed. On yesterday's performance, I'd pick him ahead of Diawara - still not convinced about him. I think you got your ratings for these two around the wrong way.
  • Options
    yeak jimmy borat was everywhere yesterday, he did good imo too
  • Options
    Thanks. I was actually going to make a post about him yesterday evening, but ended up renting a DVD! I think he deserves credit for yesterday. Anyone who says otherwise is clouding their vision IMO
  • Options
    yeah make you right, he can be a nightmare but credit where credits due
  • Options
    I agree that Song is very, very talented, and still learning. Reality, though, is that he gave the ball away far too much in the first half yesterday (and against Wigan) - usually because he was being ambitious at trying to thread it through, but slightly underhitting it. I am not having a go at him, just pointing out that he has been very slightly out of touch in last couple of games. He is already such a key player, that him not performing at 100% is then clearly reflected in the overall team performance - no-one can say we've actually played well in the last two games - can you?

(Again - I'm not having a go, all I care about right now is picking up points, and we have done that.)
  • Options
    I thought the defence all played well with Diawara the star. I just wish somebody could get Borat away from taking long free kicks and making long passes out of defence because he totally sucks at it.

Song was excellent yesterday but I felt he occasionally overplayed (I wonder where he gets that from), trying to find the a deft through ball when a more straightforward one would have done. Given how often he was in possession, I would like to see him drive forward more and have a shot, In fact the whole team were guilty of not shooting.

Thomas was dangerous up to the point that he tried crossing it. His crossed were wasted and if I was Pards I'd give him a kick up the arse.

ZZ for me was man of the match. His influence, particularly in the second half mean't that virtually all our attacking options came through him. Pards tactical awareness gave ZZ a freeer role after the break and he looked a constant threat.

All in all I was happy with the point but our increasing control of the game in the second half suggested that we might nick it and a slight disappointment lingers that we didn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I thought the defence all played well with Diawara the star. I just wish somebody could get Borat away from taking long free kicks and making long passes out of defence because he totally sucks at it.

quote]

I still maintain that people have a bias agains Elk. If you watch that game impartially he was our best defender on the day.
  • Options
    You are quite right Jimmy, defensively Elk was the best player on the pitch. His free kicks were still awful though!!