Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why......don't we ever look dangerous at corners?

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
The only thing we look like at corners is.....clueless.

No ideas, no movement,

And it's a rare occasion when the corner kick even gets past the near post.

Sort it out, CurbsPards!

Comments

• Options
    Fortunately you could say the same about Man City's corners today!!
  • Options
    Even my old Sunday league team used to have a couple of set pieces from corners. Just chip it into the near post and and have someone there to knock it on. Very effective. JT should be ashamed of himself tonight. Not even able to get it past the first defender. They must practice these during the week but he was hopeless today.
  • Options
    Let ZZ take them - the couple he took second half v Wigan were excellent.
  • Options
    I dont get excited when we get a corner any more. I think we look more dangerous when carson is taking a goal kick.
  • Options
    Carson.... our footballing god.
    please god we wont need the points last game of the seaon
  • Options
    The "Corner" problem is nothing new. I've been banging on about it for years. Thank Gawd Citeh suffer too!
  • Options
    Corners - My favourite Charlton subject.

We've not looked dangerous at corners for years.We don't often vary the corners ie near post for flick back, the odd quick short one, inswinging, far post etc.

We don't come charging in to attack the ball like say Reading did against Chelsea when they took out Cuddicini.

HH scored a few some years ago and looked very dangerous for one season, but that's about it.

I bring this up at every meeting with the players and the response is that they play to instructions.

I said to Andy Reed at the Bromley CASC meeting a couple of months ago, that I thought that they were poor.He disageed with me and said that he took most of the corners and thought they were good.

I of course then agreed.LOL.