Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton u21s v Charlton u21s

Comments

• Options
    2-2 @ Full Time
  • Options
    evina just got bullied for that goal, as someone above said he won't be playing for us again
  • Options

evina just got bullied for that goal, as someone above said he won't be playing for us again

League 1 squad player at best.. and that's if his head is right.

Also who is kwadwo asamoah?? Hopefully the same one that plays for Ghana
  • Options
    It was rumoured the other week that we were signing a Ghanian, or was it Russian ..
  • Options
    Thought Lennon looked class. Gerrard az well. Good performance.
  • Options
    Who were the best players in tonights game? will any of them make the step up to the first team on a regular basis in the future? Commentators at the end said lennon was our best player, he impressed me massively at wigan playing out of position at left back, typical old fashioned defender. Would be great if him and gomez could come through in future, obviously i know gomez is better but sounds like some think he may be on his way
  • Options
    Good take from Mackail Smith. As someone said earlier...we should have kicked him to keep him out of the league game in a couple of weeks!!

Missed the first half, but I was impressed with what I saw of the second. Some very good football from Charlton and 15 year old Beeney acquitted himself very well in goal.
  • Options
    On way back to my Uni.

1st half we were excellent..a lot of positives. Koc, Sho-Silva, Gerard..list could go on.

2nd half was Brighton's half. Mackail-Smith was superb and his goal at the end was just sublime.

Polish Pete was average...reminded me of Michael Smith funnily enough.

Evina had some woeful moments. Mackail-Smith brushing him over for the equaliser sums Evina's game.
  • Options
    I thought PP was decent, should nice touches but is far too weak which could be a problem
  • Options

Bollocks 2-2 in the 94th min... Mackail-Smith

The Charlton way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan Beeney is the son of Mark Beeney http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Beeney who is Chelsea's Goalkeeping coach.

Jordan's older brother Mitchell is the Blues U21 keeper. Maybe they want Jordan to play for a different club otherwise the brothers would be competing for the same spot.
  • Options
    Mark Beeney the Brighton keeper who whacked a fan? Mark Beeney?
  • Options
    What's happened to the Evina that looked so promising at Watford on NYD 2013??

• Options

What's happened to the Evina that looked so promising at Watford on NYD 2013??

Maybe we were still pissed mate, it never really happened.

• Options
    Agreed Gary, the early stuff I saw of Evina showed a raw player but with the tools to grow into a talented Ashley Cole style fluent full back. Completely lost his way somehow.

only saw 20 mins of the 2nd half and what I saw of PP was shockingly average. May have saw an unfair 20 mins, but....
  • Options
    The defending at the end from Evina showed me what I already knew, he's not good enough and in fact before that we had played 8-9 passes down in the right hand channel in there 3rd and he lumped it up to a player clearly offside when under no pressure.
  • Options
    Evina was fine last season and had a couple of really good games so I don't know what's happened to him this season. If he's not careful, he'll drop out of league football altogether.
  • Options
    Evina & PP stood out as the under performers, both seemed to not have their heads in the game, throwing tantrums and being out muscled constantly to 19 year olds and the likes. Players like Tobi and Lennon looked alot more prepared than the both of them, seems from reports of those watching the other U21's that's been PP's story in all the games, ineffective. At 21 he should be able to adapt, but definitely hasn't yet.
  • Options

What's with "don't tell him your name?????

Dad's Army
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Evina was fine last season and had a couple of really good games so I don't know what's happened to him this season. If he's not careful, he'll drop out of league football altogether.

It is a shame because there were calls for him to start when Powell played Solly at LB last season, and when he eventually came in he did quite well. He's now in his third season here and hasn't pushed on enough. Wiggins isn't at his best but Evina hasn't done enough to get starts ahead of him and now has Fox making the bench in his place.

On PP it would be interesting to know how he was used in Holland. Did he play alongside a more physical striker or is it a case of the football being slower and less physical meaning he could play that role himself. He will hopefully get stronger and adapt but if he does do that it clearly won't happen in time for this season. On the other hand he's 21 early next season, it wouldn't be surprising if he moved to another club in RDs network.
  • Options
    That keeper must be some talent to be playing at that level at the age of 15!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Simonsen said:

It is a shame because there were calls for him to start when Powell played Solly at LB last season, and when he eventually came in he did quite well. He's now in his third season here and hasn't pushed on enough. Wiggins isn't at his best but Evina hasn't done enough to get starts ahead of him and now has Fox making the bench in his place.

On PP it would be interesting to know how he was used in Holland. Did he play alongside a more physical striker or is it a case of the football being slower and less physical meaning he could play that role himself. He will hopefully get stronger and adapt but if he does do that it clearly won't happen in time for this season. On the other hand he's 21 early next season, it wouldn't be surprising if he moved to another club in RDs network.
    I find it hard to believe that Brighton U21s would offer a particularly physical threat, if he can't cope with that then god knows how he'd cope with 3rd division CBs!
  • Options
    Jordan Beeney dob 12/05/1998
  • Options
    I wouldn't say he didn't cope but I could see why he's not been playing for the first team. If he gets a bit stronger, holds up the ball a bit better and takes one of his chances it turns from an ok performance into a good one. Not impossible considering his age and the fact that he's adapting to a new country, club and style of football.

As I said I wouldn't write him off based on that, he may just need some time. A few on here that went to Derby said Pigott looked a stronger and better player, and Smith has improved to the point that he now scores goals at League 1 level. I also wouldn't expect to see him used as the main target man or physical presence up front, unless he really improves that side of his game.
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Jordan Beeney dob 12/05/1998

1998???!!

That even makes me feel old.
  • Options
    Should that not read "ultimately gave us the chance to poach another youngster from a smaller club"
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I wouldn't say he didn't cope but I could see why he's not been playing for the first team. If he gets a bit stronger, holds up the ball a bit better and takes one of his chances it turns from an ok performance into a good one. Not impossible considering his age and the fact that he's adapting to a new country, club and style of football.

As I said I wouldn't write him off based on that, he may just need some time. A few on here that went to Derby said Pigott looked a stronger and better player, and Smith has improved to the point that he now scores goals at League 1 level. I also wouldn't expect to see him used as the main target man or physical presence up front, unless he really improves that side of his game.

Sums my thoughts up too.