Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If West Ham wasnt deducted points and we went down

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
instead of West Ham would Murray take it court Henry ?

Comments

• Options
    It is up to the FA to decide and as we know they can do pretty much as they please; going to court would just earn Lawyers money I would expect and they have enough of that.....
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It seems to me the FA are lining themselves up for a total legal shambles. As we know there is already talk of them not deducting West Ham any points, if they are already down. If this statement is true it is totally ludicrous.

Decide on the punishment now, apply it quickly and see what points that leaves them. That's what they should do.

The way they are going suggests that they are going to hope that either West Ham have enough points to be safe despite any deduction, or be down before they set the punishment. This leaves the "what if they are only relegated by the points deduction" scenario which the FA are trying to avoid. Failing to deal with the punishment now will inevitably land them in the courts in my opinion. Either West Ham will take them there or teams around West Ham will. Lets hope we are already safe by then. If are dragged into this, I can't see RM not pursuing this all the way through the courts.
  • Options
    it sounds like Wigan will though.
  • Options
    Do you really expect the FA to do anything without it ending up a shambles?

Brewery...... Piss up......
  • Options
    We dont need to worry about anyone else. We will win our next four games and be safe.
  • Options
    As we know there is already talk of them not deducting West Ham any points, if they are already down. If this statement is true it is totally ludicrous.

Where did you read that? There is a point to West Ham being deducted points even if they are already relegated - it affects the amount of prize money they can earn and sets a precedent for future cases.

If West Ham are found guilty but are not deducted points and it means that one of Wigan/Sheff Utd/Charlton get relegated in their place then I'd expect the team that suffers to go to court - I'd be disappointed if it were Charlton and RM didn't sanction a legal challenge.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]As we know there is already talk of them not deducting West Ham any points, if they are already down. If this statement is true it is totally ludicrous.

Where did you read that?

It was reported in one of the National Papers (I can't remember which) and attributed to a "FA Spokesperson".