Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-Reading: The match

Charlton:
Carson, Young, El Karkouri, Diawara, Hreidarsson, Ambrose, Zheng, Song Billong, Thomas, Bent, Bent
Substitutes
Randolph, Holland, Lisbie, Rommedahl, Thatcher

Reading
Hahnemann, De la Cruz, Ingimarsson, Bikey, Shorey, Ki-Hyeon, Sidwell, Harper, Hunt, Long, Lita
Substitutes
Federici, Gunnarsson, Doyle, Oster, Kitson

Comments

• Options
    On the whole looks a positive side - Faye out for ZZ, who moves in from the wing, with Ambrose replacing him on the right.

Some good attacking options on the bench.

Marcus Bent is surely due a goal???
  • Options
    Cheers, BFR, I feel the tension in the pit of my stomach. Imagine what the players must be feeling.
    I'm down here in Cornwall unable to do this match - although I will watch it on the internet

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Sounds a great match....
  • Options
    Thatcher on for HH...the perfect replacement...but that means we have used up our defensive sub.

Hopefully HH isn't injured too badly.
  • Options
    We are looking a bit nervous - someone needs to take control in the middle & get the wide boys involved. Thomas & Ambrose have been largely spectators. Song's foul on Sidwell was a shocker - he should have been sent off - very lucky & he has been subdued ever since. Hard to see where the goal is coming from, Reading are solid at the back & have given our strikers a tough time. We are also looking fairly soid, Diawara has been immense & Borat mistake free. Really need to get the wingers involved though, less of the route one & more down the flanks Pards.
  • Options
    M Bent off for Matty Holland.

IMO we bossed the 1st 15 then they got into the game and started to boss for the next 10 and from then on it was even. Overall i think we are looking the more dangerous team. I have faith in Pards half time talks

Diawara is having an absolute blinder of a game. Elk has made several key challenges and hit the underside of the bar early in. Thomas looks dangerous but inconsistent.. Song is bossing the midfeild
  • Options
    A feature of Pardew is that he knows to make changes at half-time, whether he has that freedom with two subs already on is debateable.

From the radio it sounds like two strong defences are cutting the chances down. Perhaps Borat's header on to the bar in the third minute was the best chance.

Keep the defence tight and sneak a goal, if you can't go through the middle spread the ball wide, bring Ambrose and Thomas into the game.

Special mention for the fans: cracking atmosphere - the support the crowd are giving the team is immense.
  • Options
    This is our fifth game of the season against promoted teams - three draws and two defeats to date against the promoted teams is one of the reasons why we are struggling.

Sheff Utd is a must win game.

Still 32 points and a point closer to safety and a bit more pressure on Sheff Utd, West Ham, Wigan and Fulham.
  • Options
    we seem to have lost the momentum we built up.

since the newcastle game when we were poor in the 1st half but good in the second in my eyes we have simply not looked like winning games.
  • Options
    Let's take the positives:

A fourth successive clean sheet, 5 out of 6.

6 games unbeaten.

Another point on the board.

A point ahead of Sheff U and 3 ahead of West Ham.
    2 points behind Wigan and 3 points behind Freefall Fulham.

5 games and 15 points to play for.

We didn't get the breaks today......but we are also due the result that nobody fancies us to get.

THE GREAT ESCAPE IS STILL ON!

Nobody said it would be easy........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was a tough game, a couple of breaks didn't quite go our way but another point picked up. The momentum is still there. Reading were dangerous on the break and weren't necessarily there for the taking.

Steve Brown made a good point - perhaps it would have been better to have won either of the Reading or Man City matches and lost the other and had three points rather than two good performances and only two points.
  • Options
    Have to see it as a point gained rather than two points lost. Was always going to be tough. If Wham v Sheff U is a draw, we're still ahead of both of them. If!
  • Options
    Freefall Fulham is the team to catch. 3 points behind.

Young Mr Coleman is a worried man.