Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Graham Poll

I thought this was interesting, bearing in mind the rest of Poll's performance last night. From The Guardian...
Charlton's prospects may have been damaged further had Graham Poll dismissed Alexandre Song for a horrible lunge on the excellent Steve Sidwell 15 minutes in. Steve Coppell described it as "very agricultural at best". Pardew spoke with the official at the interval and asked him to indicate in the second half if Song's ill-discipline was threatening a second yellow card.

"As it was, Graham sent me that signal - he gave me a 'look' - and Alex had to come off," said the Charlton manager, who hauled the Arsenal loanee off the field after 69 minutes. "Full credit to Graham. No one wants to see a team go down to 10 men and if there was communication like that between managers and referees the game would be better for it. I just asked him to let me know if Alex was getting close [to a second yellow]. I don't think there's an issue with that."

Reading, potentially denied the opportunity to take on 10 men, may disagree and it was ironic that the Charlton fans, none the wiser, booed Poll in the latter stages when their team was labouring.

Comments

• Options
    I really think he reacts to the crowd. Once we started giving him stick he didn't give us anything and started favouring Reading.
    I can accept human error, even incompatence but I cannot accept someone like him who has to stamp his personality on a game. He should be sacked. He is a tool.
  • Options
    Graham Poll didn't influence last nights game,he did against Fulham granted but nit last night,we lacked ideas and looked tired.Have a dig when he costs us the game or is extremely bad,but he wasn't last night.
  • Options
    poll did us a massive favour last night when el kack ran and man handled /pushed readings shane long( i think) in the last minute in the box... if that had been the other way round there would've been plenty of 'if that isn't a penalty what is' bollox on here this morning... we got away with that big time.. FACT
  • Options
    im with you morts,the geezer is a loose cannon,all he wanted to do was roll around on the floor trying to get another player sent off.Especially in injury time when all we wanted was to get on with game.What do you think are we goin down or can we survive.
  • Options
    I bet the "WEIGH ANCHOR, WEIGH ANCHOR..." chant came out well on the TV!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]im with you morts,the geezer is a loose cannon,all he wanted to do was roll around on the floor trying to get another player sent off.Especially in injury time when all we wanted was to get on with game.What do you think are we goin down or can we survive.
    you know me mr negative , i was almost getting positive but with only 2 points and no goals and not exactly inspiring form of late , i'm not too optimistic about our prospects but a big win on sunday and i'll be positive;-)