Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Call Centre- BBC3 Tuesday Nights

Anyone else watch this, have you got a boss like Nev?

Comments

• old news a repeat of last years show.
  • Can you imagine having a boss like that, a real life David Brent? the blokes a tool!
  • old news a repeat of last years show.

No, it is not.
  • Greenie said:

Can you imagine having a boss like that, a real life David Brent? the blokes a tool!

It typifies what I hate about reality TV.I won't be watching.

Having said that Nev has done well out of it. Apparently he has been offered 3 Panto roles in Wales next Xmas and has 'written' a best selling book detailing his management philosophy.
  • I think Nev should be applauded. His management style is unique but he has a real heart and actually cares about his 300+ employees
  • It's a new series on BBC3, not a repeat of last year.

I'm sure I read that, that company is in the top 5 best places to work in the UK. I'm not surprised, he obviously cares about his staff as he showed in the last episode with the fella that wasn't selling.

I think it's great!
  • Plaaayer said:

It's a new series on BBC3, not a repeat of last year.

I'm sure I read that, that company is in the top 5 best places to work in the UK. I'm not surprised, he obviously cares about his staff as he showed in the last episode with the fella that wasn't selling.

I think it's great!

Yes, it is 5th currently having dropped from 2nd last year in the Sunday Times list.

But that seems at odds with reality. According to The Sunday Times Nev's firm has 65% per annum staff turnover with only 6% of staff earning over £35k. It is also based in Swansea. (Did I mention that it's based in Swansea?)
    Perhaps it's more to do with the expectations/desperation of the local workforce than the firm actually being any good? (Only 65% of working age people are in employment in Swansea compared with 72% nationally.)

Apparently the 'phone jockeys are earning a basic salary of £11,323 for a 33.5-hour week. Hands up anyone on here who would get out of bed for that sort of money?

(As you can tell, I'm a little sceptical about the accuracy of the Sunday Times listings. For example, an individual called Andrew Davis featured at #244 being worth £292mn in their 2010 Rich List. The Rich List that year was sponsored by Von Essen Hotels a chain of very expensive upmarket country hotels...which was owned by...Andrew Davis. A year later the hotel chain went into administration after defaulting on debt interest repayments.)

• 33.5 hours sounds nice
  • Is it a spoof or not, thought it was was a wind up.
  • Is it a spoof or not, thought it was was a wind up.

Its a dramatised reality show. Like them all, basically scripted in terms of scenarios but not in terms of the exact dialogue. The producer sets up what he wants to happen and then films the totally contrived reactions.

So in answer to your question...imo its spoof
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I saw last year I thought Nev was quite likeable. Then again, anyone who has an ounce of character about them is going to draw dislike from some.

He'll do anything for his employees and doesn't "boss" them around.
  • Plaaayer said:

It's a new series on BBC3, not a repeat of last year.

I think it's great!

Its a good place to work due to the fact that it's reality tv. If the tea lady wears a low cut top she will end up on the front cover of nuts and will get paid to make night club appearances.

You work in a call centre.... Then a big step up to show business...long as you show a certain criteria of personality and ya good looking.