Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephen's Story

edited April 2014 in Not Sports Related
Has anybody else been following this? - https://facebook.com/StephensStory

19 year old with terminal cancer who has just gone past the £1.5 million mark in raising money for good causes. He has very little time left, but the positivity and spirit he is showing is incredible.

Comments

• Options
    I was following this story on Twitter a couple of nights ago, what an inspiring guy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    A very, very brave fella, I really don't know what else to say that hasn't been said above .......
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Has anybody else been following this? - https://facebook.com/StephensStory

19 year old with terminal cancer who has just gone past the £1.5 million mark in raising money for good causes. He has very little time left, but the positivity and spirit he is showing is incredible.

So humbling. It was very emotional hearing about the bravery and character of this young man. To be told that you were terminally ill at such a young age and be so positive and raise such a huge sum for the benefit of others is such a testament. His family must be heartbroken but also so proud.

• Options
    Steve Evans a lovely man from Birmingham who often appeared on BBC Breakfast to tell his cancer is another one of these amazing people that battle through the horrible illness

Sadly Steve finally died in January but will never forget his approach and words about cancer
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I heard about it when comedian Jason Manford starting publicising it on his Facebook feed 2 or 3 days ago now. I'm not the emotional type but reading Stephen's final "thumbs up" reduced me to floods of tears. I got a bit emotional in the office yesterday when his target hit £1m and I had to go out for a walk.

Life is truly precious. Think his quote sums it up really...

"Life shouldn't be measured by time, it should be measured by what you achieve".

He's achieved more in the last year than most could ever apsire to ever coming close to it. The young lad is an inspiration. I agree with Granpa. Think he deserves some kind of recognition for what he has achieved in such a small amount of time.

Agree with you and Granpa. What an absolute inspiration to everyone. I saw this on the BBC this morning with the lady from the Teenage Cancer Trust. Just read his most recent two posts on Facebook, think it must be the hayfever making my eyes water.
  • Options
    A dignified and incredible young man.

Next time you think you're hard done by, think of this chap and the positive way he was throughout his last few months of life.

I will be donating this afternoon.

RIP Steve, your legacy will live on.
  • Options
    What a real inspiration. Nothing but admiration for this young man.
  • Options

A dignified and incredible young man.

Next time you think you're hard done by, think of this chap and the positive way he was throughout his last few months of life.

I will be donating this afternoon.

RIP Steve, your legacy will live on.

He hasn't died
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Steve Evans a lovely man from Birmingham who often appeared on BBC Breakfast to tell his cancer is another one of these amazing people that battle through the horrible illness

Sadly Steve finally died in January but will never forget his approach and words about cancer

Saw Steve on BBC Breakfast, he was very much at peace with himself and was prepared for the end. So brave.

I'm not afraid of death, I am of dying.
  • Options
    His Just Giving page is about to hit the £3million mark
  • Options
    Stephen unfortunately passed away this morning:

My heart is bursting with pride but breaking with pain for my courageous, selfless, inspirational son who passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of this morning, Wednesday 14th May. The ongoing support and outpouring of love for Stephen will help greatly at this difficult time, in the same way as it helped Stephen throughout his journey. We all know he will never be forgotten, his spirit will live on, in all that he achieved and shared with so many.

Love,
    His mom x
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    God bless him. An inspiration to all. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Twice the man I'll ever be. Amazing person.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP - incredible and inspirational story
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    RIP. Incredible young bloke.
  • Options
    RIP, such a brave man.
  • Options
    His legacy will live on and he will continue to inspire. RIP Stephen.
  • Options
    Done more in his young life than most people can dream of. Inspirational man. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad end to the story but at least he had a period last week where he felt good and was discharged. RIP fella - a real inspiration

Incredibly there were a minority who thought the "coughing up a tumour" story was a fabrication and the whole story was being exaggerated. Some people make me sooooo angry
  • Options
    The term "Fight the good fight" was surely created with this young man in mind.

Sleep tight, Steve.
  • Options
    Such an inspiration to all. RIP young beautiful man :-( x
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Sad end to the story but at least he had a period last week where he felt good and was discharged. RIP fella - a real inspiration

Incredibly there were a minority who thought the "coughing up a tumour" story was a fabrication and the whole story was being exaggerated. Some people make me sooooo angry

Some idiot (a fully grown 33 year old adult) was trolling him on Twitter last week suggesting that he felt conned that he had started to make a recovery. To$$er of the highest order.
  • Options
    "Life shouldn't be measured by time, it should be measured by what you achieve".

Never a truer word said.
    His parents, family, friends must be heartbroken to lose such wonderful young man but maybe the pain of loss can be replaced with pride for what he achieved in his all too short life.
    Very brave human being RIP
  • Options
    Jason Manford posted this on his Facebook

Stephen Sutton was the most inspiring person I've ever met and touched more lives than he will ever know. He was an incredibly positive young man and a credit to his family, to Burntwood and to humanity itself. The reason we took to him so passionately was because he was better than us, he did something that none of us could even imagine doing. In his darkest hour he selflessly dedicated his final moments to raising millions of pounds for teenagers with cancer. Some of Stephen's words will stay with me and others forever and they are words to live by 'life isn't measured in time, it's measured in achievements". If that's true Stephen, then you had a fulfilling life full of special moments and you will live long in the memory of thousands if not millions of people.
    Sleep well friend,
    Jason
  • Options
    Sad yet hugely inspirational.

If anyone ever deserved recognition in the Honours system it is this young man. RIP Stephen.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Sad yet hugely inspirational.

If anyone ever deserved recognition in the Honours system it is this young man. RIP Stephen.

Can put his name forward for this.......

Www.prideofbritain.com

• Options
    RIP Stephen. Wish many in this world could take a leaf out of his book! He did say he was ready and at peace with himself earlier this week, he knew it was coming. A real shame it did this time.
  • Options
    RIP Stephen you were a truly inspirational young man.