Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager

If Jose Riga steps aside as expected, who would people want as our next Manager?
With the exception of Chris Powell, i'd like to see Nathan Jones. He knows the club and is well respected by our youngsters. I wonder if it might be an appointment which would see young Diego commit to charlton.

Comments

• Options
    I think Riga will get it full-time if we stay up and i think he will deserve it.

If he does step down, then iim pretty sure we know his replacement will be from Belgium or at least worked there!
  • Options
    kodfish said:

If Jose Riga steps aside as expected, who would people want as our next Manager?
    With the exception of Chris Powell, i'd like to see Nathan Jones. He knows the club and is well respected by our youngsters. I wonder if it might be an appointment which would see young Diego commit to charlton.

As expected by whom?
  • Options

I think Riga will get it full-time if we stay up and i think he will deserve it.

If he does step down, then iim pretty sure we know his replacement will be from Belgium or at least worked there!

I hope you're right Gary, be mad if we stay up and then appoint someone else, unless van Gaal is waiting to announce he's coming to SE London.

• Options
    kodfish said:

I think Nathan Jones is a very good shout, but I expect Riga to be given a crack at least for a year.

That's IF he keeps us up of course! ;-)
  • Options
    A well-respected member of the club staff who dealt effectively with the youngsters but has no prior management experience? Sounds a little bit too much like Les Reed to me
  • Options
    We won't have a manager. We will have a Director of Football, and a Head Coach.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones would be a great appointment if Riga were to leave.
  • Options
    chris powell will come back, he was only on gardening leave ;)
  • Options
    For me, Jose Riga deserves a shot. The only problem is, he doesn't know much about English players so if Duchatelet were to invest in some players, god knows who we would end up with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Riga will take over as head of youth dev. Think we'll see someone new in regardless, could be a good thing RD appears to know his gaffers
  • Options

For me, Jose Riga deserves a shot. The only problem is, he doesn't know much about English players so if Duchatelet were to invest in some players, god knows who we would end up with.

This is where we a good DoF could really work. Someone who knows the English game. Curbs?
  • Options
    Nathan Jones for me too. He looks like he will be a top manager one day, why not with us?
  • Options
    Chris Hughton for me
  • Options
    Karel. Riga's no 2.
  • Options
    It will not be a manager, but a senior coach with a director of football above him. I suspect Jose Riga will become our director of football.
  • Options
    Malki?
  • Options
    Didn't somebody post a week or so ago that our new coach is currently in employment ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Redrobo said:

Malki?

I'd take that, but I don't think he'd take us.
  • Options

Didn't somebody post a week or so ago that our new coach is currently in employment ?

Yep, folk can speculate all they like, but I think it's a done-deal.
    As for Nathan Jones leaving BHAFC to manage CAFC..........extremely unlikely.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What's John Sitton up to at the moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SN9le_U5SI
  • Options

Yep, folk can speculate all they like, but I think it's a done-deal.
    As for Nathan Jones leaving BHAFC to manage CAFC..........extremely unlikely.
    And are you happy about the choice ?

• Options
    edited April 2014

kodfish said:

I think Nathan Jones is a very good shout, but I expect Riga to be given a crack at least for a year.

OOOh that's news, does he like a bit of crack?
  • Options
    I don't know anything about the guy (or Riga come to that), but we just have to take what we are given now.
    The alternative is to do a "Pompey" and drop off the coupon.

It will take many fans a lot of time to click that RD is not really interested in "fan-base" and attendance figures, as he prefers to take a much more long term view. Indeed, if we sold our best player in 12 months time after winning the Championship, none of us would be too upset.

What we have to come to terms with is that our CURRENT best player has 2 weeks left on his contract and there is nothing RD can do to stop him going. We will have to take some short term pain, with the promise of free beer tomorrow.

We have no choice really.
    I bought a 5 year ST to stop my club folding, I can't see me doing anything similar while we are owned by a zillionaire.

Hope this makes sense :)
  • Options
    Loco said:

kodfish said:

OOOh that's news, does he like a bit of crack?
    Maybe the drugs scandal was us
  • Options
    What do you mean as expected?
  • Options

Cab driving and filling up twitter timelines to all that follow

• Options

London cab driver. You wouldn't believe it would you, seems so out of character.