Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chislehurst caves

Just got back, and can't believe I haven't visit this place earlier.
£20 for a family of four.
Blinding day out.

Comments

• Options
    It's very dark.
  • Options
    i love Chislehurst caves, been loads of times.
  • Options
    Played there in the early '80's, the stage was about 300 yards in, on the right hand side.
    Shocking accoustics......
  • Options

Played there in the early '80's, the stage was about 300 yards in, on the right hand side.
    Shocking accoustics......

Played at the caves in 1984 Chislehurst Caves Party Friday 21st December 8pm-1am £1.50 entry. As mog says terrible acoustics, the sound bounces back. Small space to play as well
  • Options
    Lived and grown up 10 minutes away from it yet visited first time 4 years ago!
    Great day out! :-)
  • Options
    The caves was a place my Mum Used to take shelter during the war. She told me about her times there and how she would walk from where she lived in Downham to The caves to spend the night.
  • Options
    All the greats played at the caves.
    Amazing that it held 15000 people during WW2
  • Options
    Apparently the community feel meant that a number of people didn't want to leave after the war was over.
  • Options
    Badger said:

The caves was a place my Mum Used to take shelter during the war. She told me about her times there and how she would walk from where she lived in Downham to The caves to spend the night.

The caves were a very popular place of shelter during the Blitz. So much so, that the Southern Railway used to lay on special trains from Central London to bring people down to use the shelters. A ticket for the shelter was much sought-after.
  • Options

It's very dark.

And scary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed. A blinding day out in more ways than one.
  • Options
    Scary my arse is it

Great day out hell yeah
  • Options
    One of my big brother's favourite stories is when the caves were raided by police looking for drugs during a gig. As people emptied their pockets as quickly as they could there were pills flying everywhere and the sound of them hitting the deck was almost deafening