Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ladies and gentlemen, a round of applause for blackburn rovers

if you please if they are making 7,500 tickets available to us...no cynical comments about money, filling the ground or whatever, at the end of the day allowing that many away fans into your ground these days when you dont have to is a great gesture...

Comments

• Options
    lol. Don't they offer every team the option of that many tickets?
  • Options
    To be fair they do it for every home game.

Its just that only Liverpool and Man Yoo fill it.
  • Options
    Why is it a great gesture. It's a nothing game for them so they are taking the money and rightly so. If they were down there with us, it'd never happen. Assuming we'd take 1500 without the travel, they're making money on 6000 extra tickets, plus programmes, food, beer.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why is it a great gesture. It's a nothing game for them so they are taking the money and rightly so. If they were down there with us, it'd never happen. Assuming we'd take 1500 without the travel, they're making money on 6000 extra tickets, plus programmes, food, beer.

would you like it if we offered an away team 7,500 tickets 'for the money' or any other reason ?...3k in the jimmy seed plus there's probably 4-5k on sale to non season ticket holders so giving another club 7.5k is doable...
  • Options
    I thought that was the idea of increasing the capacity of the East Stand put away fans in a couple of blocks.
  • Options
    If we didn't fill our ground week in week out and the game meant nothing to us then i really wouldn't care. As i said they'd never do it if the game meant something to them.
  • Options
    it will be a great gesture if they knock right down the admission price. Lets wait and see.

And even if it was free entry, i can't see us taking it all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]if you please if they are making 7,500 tickets available to us...no cynical comments about money, filling the ground or whatever, at the end of the day allowing that many away fans into your ground these days when you dont have to is a great gesture...

That's because their home crowd is so small - they say Blackburn fans are choosing to watch home games on foreign TV in pubs instead of coughing up to get into the ground.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite][cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]they say Blackburn fans are choosing to watch home games on foreign TV in pubs

that's the nearest they get to going abroad oop there !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]it will be a great gesture if they knock right down the admission price. Lets wait and see.

And even if it was free entry, i can't see us taking it all.

the blackburn main site says they've reduced prices for the game but you have to be a member to sign in to the story so i couldn't see what the ticket prices are going to be...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    use "screwyou" as a username and password for all those sites, it should get you in.
  • Options
    so how does this screw you thing work then? as just tried and it did..

i wish i knew that when i wanted to look on the Palace website a couple of years back. I registered on there so i could have a nose and I still get emails from them each week!!
  • Options
    I guess the good Inspector scours all clubs websites for newsworthy items for his blog.

One username & same password fits all.

I use Amnesia but I forget the password.