Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dani Alves (must see)

2»

Comments

• Options
    From Hero to Zero:

No one is above the law and Alves has 4 years or however long he now has to serve to ponder how he has ruined his 20 year reputation as one of the most successful players to being remembered as a Rapist.

I hope the young women can find strength in the verdict and has good family and friends to support her.
  • Options
    I think he’s going to appeal so could well do a Ched Evans.
  • Options
    How do we know it was more than one woman? Story says one.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    How do we know it was more than one woman? Story says one.
    I don't think anyone has said otherwise?
  • Options
    Someone above did.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Someone above did.
    I think soapbox sam posted "women" instead of "woman", by mistake 
  • Options
    What a weird thing to say. Who on earth would ever dispute that one is too many?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    One of the all-time greats. Now he will only be remembered for one thing.
    Doesn’t always work like that when you’re a rich and popular, just ask Mike Tyson 
  • Options
    From Hero to Zero:

No one is above the law and Alves has 4 years or however long he now has to serve to ponder how he has ruined his 20 year reputation as one of the most successful players to being remembered as a Rapist.

I hope the young woman can find strength in the verdict and has good family and friends to support her.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Someone above did.
    I think soapbox sam posted "women" instead of "woman", by mistake 

Cheers Chizz.
    Now edited.
  • Options
    Be nice to remove the "must see" from the thread title!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Doesn’t always work like that when you’re a rich and popular, just ask Mike Tyson 
    This has confused me a bit. Are you suggesting that most people don't immediately think 'rapist', when someone brings up the subject of Mike Tyson? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    This has confused me a bit. Are you suggesting that most people don't immediately think 'rapist', when someone brings up the subject of Mike Tyson? 
    I don't.

I'm not wholly convinced in the validity of his convicton and he maintains his innocence to this day.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    He's had loads of tv and film appearances post conviction - The Hangover, Rocky Balboa, Law & Order, How I Met Your Mother, etc. Film and tv producers don't put people in films and on tv programmes when the public think of them primarily as a rapist. I doubt most people below the age of 35 even know he's got a rape conviction. 

Compare that to, using an extreme example, Gary Glitter - he has effectively been deleted from history in relation to everything except being paedophile. His records will never be played again and he'll never be invited to appear on any television or radio programme ever again.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    Do you immediately think that when you hear the name Mike Tyson mentioned @Chizz?
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Couldn't stand him as a player. He was good and a solid member of very good teams Barca and Brazil, but his antics made me really dislike him. However the most disturbing thing about this is that a few comments on here have suggested he's good looking?!. Bloke looks like a roughed up extra for a cartel member in a bad netflix series. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    Do you immediately think that when you hear the name Mike Tyson mentioned @Chizz?
    You mean the convicted rapist Mike Tyson? Yes, if someone mentions Mike Tyson, the convicted rapist, I usually think of the term 'rapist', before I think 'former boxer', 'actor' or 'subject of Tyson vs. Jaws: Rumble on the Reef - Sharkmania'.  

In the same way that 'author' and 'competent artist' are way down the list of immediate thoughts when I think of 'Adolf Hitler'.  
  • Options
    edited February 23
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    That is exactly what I’m suggesting, same with 2pac
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tupac’s charge wasn’t rape though and anyone with half a brain cell could see he was innocent.
  • Options
    Michael Jackson and "nonce"?
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Chizz said:
    mendonca said:
    Chizz said:
    cafcfan said:
    You mean the convicted rapist Mike Tyson? Yes, if someone mentions Mike Tyson, the convicted rapist, I usually think of the term 'rapist', before I think 'former boxer', 'actor' or 'subject of Tyson vs. Jaws: Rumble on the Reef - Sharkmania'.  

In the same way that 'author' and 'competent artist' are way down the list of immediate thoughts when I think of 'Adolf Hitler'.  
    I must admit, I (regretfully) forget about that with Tyson most times his name comes up. I do remember you saying you have no problem separating art from an artist a while back, does the same apply to Tyson's artistry as a boxer?