Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Remaining (relevant) Championship Fixtures

Tuesday 29th April 2014

Birmingham V Wigan
Birmingham not won at home since October versus Wigan who still need points on the board to cement their playoff place. I can see an away win here.

Charlton V Watford
A win from either of our remaining 2 games will secure Championship football next season but I’m struggling to see it coming against Watford who have scored more than twice as many goals as us. That being said, they have lost their last 2 and conceded nearly as many goals as us so if we can keep them out then we have a chance. Watford also have nothing to play for so will perhaps not be that interested. I’m going for a draw.

Saturday 3rd May 2014
Barnsley V QPR
Blackburn V Wigan

Blackpool V Charlton
A lot will depend on the result of our game against Watford. If we have somehow managed to secure safety then I can see this being an easy win for a Blackpool side that are desperate to avoid the drop. If that result happened to also relegate Millwall then I’m not sure we’d even turn up! If we need something from this game to stay up then I think it will be a tight game but I can just about see us getting something from it, as Blackpool have been on a dire run of late (last weekend excluded). Away win.

Bolton V Birmingham
Bolton no longer have anything to play for but are on a decent run with 4 wins from their last 6 games. If Birmingham lose to Wigan at the weekend they know that their fate is in the hands of Millwall and Doncaster. I don’t see Birmingham picking up even a point here against Bolton’s form. Home win.

Ipswich V Sheff Wed
Leeds V Derby

Leicester V Doncaster
Despite having achieved promotion and secured the league title, I’m sure And Leicester will want to get themselves over the 100 point mark and I think they’ll manage it against a Doncaster side that has lost 5 of their last 6 games. Home win.

Millwall V Bournemouth
Bournemouth are another side with nothing to play for but they’re in reasonable form. Millwall are also in good form though and are obviously fighting for survival. Sadly I can see a home win here.

Nottm Forest V Brighton
Reading V Burnley
Watford V Huddersfield
Yeovil V Middlesbrough

I can see Barnsley losing and Yeovil picking up a point. If the above predictions come true the bottom of the table would look like:
18 Charlton – 49
19 Millwall – 48
20 Blackpool – 46
21 Doncaster – 44
22 Birmingham – 43
23 Barnsley – 39
24 Yeovil - 38

Comments

• Options
    First mistake - never rely on Wigan to provide the result we want!
  • Options
    We're going to take it to the last game in my opinion. Watford to win tomorrow 3-0.

We manage a 1-0 final game
  • Options
    Didn't do too bad. 5 out of 8 results predicted correctly.
  • Options
    Yeah, that final table is pretty much it!