Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kinsey joins Paddy at Bromley Addicks on 7 May

Brian Kinsey, Colin Powell and maybe A N Other.

See you there

Comments

• Options
    Next Wednesday.

Will be interesting to hear Paddy's views on the pitch (old and new) and what's he and Brian think about what is going on at the Club now.

Of course we'll be chatting about the old days too.

Bromley Cons Club 27 Elmfield Road BR1. Bar open very early.
  • Options
    We were hoping Harry Gregory would join us but doesn't seem it will happen this time.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    another bump
  • Options
    Tomorrow night.

Who else is coming along?
  • Options
    Going to try and be there but this is somewhat dependent on the Mrs...... :-)
  • Options
    Going to be very empty then
  • Options
    Looks like I have one of those Late Night Passes from "She who must be obeyed" so I'll be there!
  • Options
    Good stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a few people joined the Supporters Trust at last year's Bromley May meeting and they will now be due for renewal. We should have someone there tomorrow to receive renewals and sign up any new members.
  • Options
    I'd be there if I could. Kinsey was the first Charlton Left Back I saw playing, and Paddy is one of my all time Charlton favourites.
  • Options
    tonight's the night
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Remember everyone is welcome but you have to be a member to get in.

This is just a fiver a year ( or £3 if you are over 60 ) and you can join on the night.

Hope it is a good turnout for two great guests,
  • Options
    How was the meeting.
  • Options
    Very good
  • Options
    Excellent evening from two Charlton Legends
  • Options
    Paddy said the pitch would cost £580K (I think or thereabouts) & the undesoil heating pipes would be laid, but probably not connected up.

IE they wouldn't be purchasing a boiler/ doing the boiler side of things, as yet, because it cost a further £85K.

Apparently, if frost "was on the cards", this could be organised fairly quickly.

Perhaps, they are thinking, that as there was only a couple of days of frost last winter, they will wait & see, as they don't want to make a further purchase, for it all to be sitting there idle.
  • Options
    I can just see it in the paper now "game called of due to frozen pitch despite undersoil heating"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Paddy said the pitch would cost £580K (I think or thereabouts) & the undesoil heating pipes would be laid, but probably not connected up.

IE they wouldn't be purchasing a boiler/ doing the boiler side of things, as yet, because it cost a further £85K.

Apparently, if frost "was on the cards", this could be organised fairly quickly.

Perhaps, they are thinking, that as there was only a couple of days of frost last winter, they will wait & see, as they don't want to make a further purchase, for it all to be sitting there idle.

I can't see that being true, that like have central heating in your house costing 3k but an extra 500 quid to connect it so you won't bother!
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

I can't see that being true, that like have central heating in your house costing 3k but an extra 500 quid to connect it so you won't bother!
    Makes sense to me when we only had a couple of frosty days last season , if it's a bad winter then I'm sure they'll connect it.
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Strange thing to say, when it is true.
  • Options
    Looking forward to hearing some of the stories told last night.

Wish I could be at events like this.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Under soil heating won't just be used for frost a lot of clubs use it for when it rain, they use it to control the amount of water on the surface and in the soil

Seems very strange that a 1.2million pound project they wouldn't worry about 85k
  • Options
    CE is only repeating what Paddy said and what has already been reported in the SLP.

Undersoil pipes ready but undersoil heating not to be installed yet.

550k being spent on pitch. Would cost another 80k for the boiler etc.

Not a desso (sp?) Pitch but will be very good surface.

Seems to be a German/Dutch project.

First league game requested to be away.
  • Options
    I'm not call CE a liar or even paddy, just seem very strange. My point is if it's connected and not used then there's no difference and no chance of any game ever at the valley being called off because of the pitch
  • Options
    Any other stories from the night to mention.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    85k sounds expensive for a boiler to get some hot water in some pipes! Have they tried looking for something cheaper on ebay!
  • Options
    Putting the issues surrounding the new pitch to one side for a moment, I found it a fascinating evening for my first visit to Bromley Addicks. Being a relative newbie to CAFC it was great to hear some of the history from both our honoured guests. Football was really different in their day and in a number of respects was a heck of a lot harder - Brian Kinsey's clocking off early from the factory and Colin's encounters with "Chopper" Harris being two examples.