Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson Speech...

2»

Comments

• Options
    He is a proper footballer

• Options
    He is indeed a proper footballer. He is a very good reader of games and situations and has proved his importance time and time again.

Parky did a good job in bringing him in and Powell's decision to keep him when he did his clear out and make him skipper was a master stroke.

44 goals, assists aplenty and his general contribution is testament to someone who goes about his business in a fairly unassuming and very professional manner,

He relates to the fans and other players and his experience will be vital next season if we bring more of the academy boys through,
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cafctom said:

Lost count of the amount of times this man has got us out of trouble. The fact that we have a player who has been here for four years and wants to end his career at the club says a lot. There aren't many players out there we are going to get who will love Charlton that much.

This man simply HAS to be Player of The Year for me.

Not possible because a load of knobs have voted for an ex player
    Poyet isn't an ex player.....yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In terms of the Legend status if there was a fourth category (After Premier League Relegation) for a player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame then Jacko would get my vote
  • Options
    He's also a bloody good captain, and from what I heard from last season, very good at not allowing any disruptive / unhappy players spreading too much damage amongst the ranks. Managers need senior players they can trust, and Jacko certainly does that.

With the heavily young squad coming through, you can't underestimate that
  • Options
    Good point AFKA, and more of a challenge next season if many of the 25+ and 30+ players depart over the summer...or does it become easier after a clear out? Either way it needs older pros to keep it together as more and more of our academy players come through
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

PL54 said:

cafctom said:

Lost count of the amount of times this man has got us out of trouble. The fact that we have a player who has been here for four years and wants to end his career at the club says a lot. There aren't many players out there we are going to get who will love Charlton that much.

Poyet isn't an ex player.....yet.
    Or Wilson

• Options

He's also a bloody good captain, and from what I heard from last season, very good at not allowing any disruptive / unhappy players spreading too much damage amongst the ranks. Managers need senior players they can trust, and Jacko certainly does that.

With the heavily young squad coming through, you can't underestimate that

Agreed, one of the best captains I've seen at the club, as he's a genuine leader, as opposed to someone who is a great player but does little more than answering the coin toss.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cafctom said:

Poyet hasn't been sold yet, unless you know different
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fanny that has caused me to crack up

I think JJ is man enough for all

Smudge bang on the money ref jacko and his captain abilities
  • Options
    Would love to go for a pint with jacko, himself and kins are the best leaders I've ever seen in a charlton shirt.
    Also.. He always scores against Watford. I'm sure of it?

Didn't know Millwall sung about him though? What do they sing?
  • Options
    Those free kicks he kept hitting in our League One Champions season still give me goosebumps to this day. The one against the Massives at their place sticks in my mind. Legend in my eyes. And a 'proper' skipper.
  • Options
    Just a great bloke and a top captain no more to say
  • Options
    Johnny Jackson - Charlton's Stephen Gerrard!
    That's how much he means to the team!
  • Options

Jackson: "You never got on our backs...."

Obviously doesn't come on here after a defeat!

i know you are joking, but on a serious point, i think the match-going support this season has been fantastic given the circumstances. The whole backdrop for 99% of the time has been supportive and encouraging through what has been a very difficult season.

Sure, you will get a host of moans and groans on here, Twitter, Facebook etc, but that's absolutely natural, because these are the written extension of the post-match pub. But in the ground, it has generally been very good imo. There are a hell of a lot of grounds around the country that would have been a lot more poisonous in the same circumstances.

Well said. The support given the circumstances has been excellent this season.

I can think of a poisonous atmosphere that would have taken hold at one little club only about three miles from The Valley. No clues needed but they will be scrambling around desperately for survival on the final day again for the second year running.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

"Not as good a player obviously, but a better captain than Kinsella, as he's much more vocal. Kinsella led by example, but wasn't the sort to gee things up on the pitch"

Couldn't disagree more with you apart from the bit saying Kinsella led by example. However that doesn't detract from the fact Jackson is a fine Captain and person.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I love him and even my missus loves him. But for completely different reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I love him and even my missus loves him. But for completely different reasons.

My missus reckons she likes him cos of the song, i find that hard to believe though
  • Options
    Will have to dig this thread out next season when after the first defeat it will be "JJ has gone, past it, runs backwards, only picked cos he's Riga's pet blah blah blah"
  • Options

Will have to dig this thread out next season when after the first defeat it will be "JJ has gone, past it, runs backwards, only picked cos he's Riga's pet blah blah blah"

You old cynic! (likely to be prophetic nonetheless).