Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona

Title is back in there hands, which after a disastrous few months would be a great achievement,
although people will disagree because they are a massive club,
they have a manager who does not no what he is doing and a with Valdes out injured a keeper who is not fit enough to lace Ben Hamer's boots.

But with 2 games to go they are 2nd and 3 points behind Atlético Madrid, but play them last game of the season and have a better head to head record, should both teams win this weekend what a game that will be.

Real Madrid blew it for themselves with 2 draws in a row.

Comments

• Options
    Barcelona winning La Liga this season will be the same as Utd's Prem title last year; their last for some considerable time.
  • Options

Barcelona winning La Liga this season will be the same as Utd's Prem title last year; their last for some considerable time.

Na Luis Enrique will come in, in the summer, they will replace Valdes as well as strengthen their defence probably David Luiz
    They will be fine next season
  • Options
    Ter Stegen coming in for valdes, Luiz at the back and they'll be ok, which is a shame as the transfer ban along with valdes and pinto leaving meant that they were completely screwed for goalkeepers next year!
  • Options
    I've heard Hamer is replacing Valdes.
  • Options

Don't Athletico just need to win at the weekend and then draw against Barca to take the title? Given Athletico can defend and then counter it could go either way in that last game.
  • Options

Na Luis Enrique will come in, in the summer, they will replace Valdes as well as strengthen their defence probably David Luiz
    They will be fine next season
    Luiz won't strengthen that defence - he'll make it worse. Barca need a strong, solid, fast centre back so that Bartra can develop into the potentially great player he could be. If they sign Luiz, he'll spend ninety minutes shitting himself instead. Pique being injured is the worst thing that happened to Barca this year - even more so than Valdes.

Would love to see my favourite player of all time as manager, but have the same mixed feelings as with Powell if it didn't work out for him.

Atletico deserve to win the league this year - be a travesty if they don't.
  • Options
    If Barca win the league its because the other two have thrown it away, a bit like City.

• Options

Don't Athletico just need to win at the weekend and then draw against Barca to take the title? Given Athletico can defend and then counter it could go either way in that last game.

Drew the first game so if its a draw head to head record is the same, barca much better Goal Difference
  • Options

That's correct as they are already 3 points clear.

• Options

Drew the first game so if its a draw head to head record is the same, barca much better Goal Difference
    They're 3 points clear, a draw with Barca means they win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going to the Barca vs Ath Madrid game. I CAN NOT WAIT
  • Options

They're 3 points clear, a draw with Barca means they win the league.
    Sorry yeah i was working out as Barca winning to put them level on points. But as its a The Nou Camp I still think its in Barcelona's hands

• Options
    On current form i wouldn't even fancy Barca to win at Elche this weekend. Barca have been very poor in recent weeks, Elche are unbeaten at home in 2014 and only Atletico have conceded less goals at home. Certainly won't be a walkover.
  • Options
    treble next season for Barcelona
  • Options
    Hahaha. Good one. They'll be lucky to win the copa
  • Options
    Seen today that Rodriguez wants to play in La Liga and Barcelona are interested in him
    With him and Suarez being linked if they got both I feel sorry for other teams in La Liga

Messi,Neymar,Suarez and Rodriguez
    Rakitic in midfield
    plus there 2 new goalkeepers
  • Options
    They still need some defenders!
  • Options
    You can only play one goalie Paulie unless you think they will line up

2gk-4def-mid1-4att
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MrOneLung said:

You can only play one goalie Paulie unless you think they will line up

2gk-4def-mid1-4att

lol I mean before they just had Valdes and no competition they now have 2 good gk's
    If it was me I would line up

Bravo
    Alves Pique Mascherano Alba
    Iniesta Rakitic
    Messi
    Rodriguez Suarez Neymar

That to me is a good team
    and you got ter Stegen, Xavi,Busquets, Pedro (Sanchez if he is still there) all on the bench get another defender or 2 for that bench and they will be laughing all the way to the title
  • Options
    Rodriguez + Suarez would have to cost the best part of £140 million combined.....

Neither Liverpool or Monaco have to sell so Barca would have to pay top dollar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rodriguez + Suarez would have to cost the best part of £140 million combined.....

Neither Liverpool or Monaco have to sell so Barca would have to pay top dollar.

With the ban I reckon SUarez could be got for £50-£60 Million, and Rodriguez I reckon you could get for £60-£65 Million
  • Options
    Can't see Monaco selling up, they're pushing for the title and will need him to challenge PSG, as their first XI currently reads: Sirigu; Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Digne; Lucas Moura, Cabaye, Matuidi, Lavezzi; Cavani, Ibrahimovic

People like Marquinios, Jallet, Maxwell, Pastore, Motta and Verratti on the bench too.

Barcelona need a new centre back, a better defensive midfielder and a better forward than Pedro/Sanchez to dominate again, and I'm unconvinced ter Stegen is the answer in goal too
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Can't see Monaco selling up, they're pushing for the title and will need him to challenge PSG, as their first XI currently reads: Sirigu; Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Digne; Lucas Moura, Cabaye, Matuidi, Lavezzi; Cavani, Ibrahimovic

People like Marquinios, Jallet, Maxwell, Pastore, Motta and Verratti on the bench too.

Barcelona need a new centre back, a better defensive midfielder and a better forward than Pedro/Sanchez to dominate again, and I'm unconvinced ter Stegen is the answer in goal too

Well they've just bought Claudio Bravo aswell who has been brilliant for Sociedad, although 12m is a bit steep for a 31 year old
  • Options
    Xavi was set to leave them last season, but Enrique asked him to stay for one more year, which he agreed to.

his future has been wide open since but looks like it is finally decided and he is NOT joining the MLS

he will be replacing Raul at Qatari club Al Sadd
    Xavi is 35 and the rumors are he has been offered a 3 year deal on €10 Million a year
  • Options

treble next season for Barcelona

knew I called this early on here

Also told my brother @stackitsteve around March last year that Enrique would come in and Barcelona do the treble.

just wished I had bet on it now
  • Options
    Have faith in your convictions Paulie. Some will pay off, some will bite you on the arse, but at least nobody can say you don't put your money where your mouth is. (This isn't a dig, by the way.) :smile:
  • Options

Have faith in your convictions Paulie. Some will pay off, some will bite you on the arse, but at least nobody can say you don't put your money where your mouth is. (This isn't a dig, by the way.) :smile:

just think how much it would have been
    not only the treble but also that Enrique was gonna be the next manager(I said it before it was close to being announced)
  • Options
    won 6-0 on Tuesday
    won 8-0 today

Also Messi had scored twice and gave a penalty to Neymar to get him on the scoresheet
  • Options

won 6-0 on Tuesday
    won 8-0 today

Also Messi had scored twice and gave a penalty to Neymar to get him on the scoresheet

If you think we bent over and took it up the Jacky today, that's what two thirds of the Spanish league do every time they play Barca and Real Madrid, even before ball is kicked.
    It's disgraceful.
    That very rarely happens in the prem and that's why it's the best league in the world.
  • Options

won 6-0 on Tuesday
    won 8-0 today

Only 2-0 at half-time in today's match (against Cordoba). Now THAT'S a capitulation.