Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Football League Play Off Thread 20013/2014

haven't seen one so thought I would create it:

First game was tonight:
Brighton went 1-0 up but ended up losing the game 2-1 they have a lot of work to do in the second leg which is at Derby

Wigan home to QPR tomorrow whats everyone's predictions

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see the game but looking at the stats on the BBC website Brighton look like they were unlucky?

I think Wigan will win tomorrow, but lose the second leg.
  • Options
    derbys second goal was very lucky, shot came off the bar, hit the keepers back and bounced in
  • Options
    25 minutes into the Wigan QPR game still 0-0
  • Options
    2nd championship play off game finished Wigan 0-0 QPR

QPR may have home advantage in the 2nd leg but I still think Wigan will go through
  • Options
    Great goal from Alex Revell to put Rotherham 1-0 up, hope they come up as have been to Orient, Preston and Peterborough before.
  • Options
    Yes very good goal from Revell. Didn't he use to play for Orient? Don't forget Pope in action for York later this evening.
  • Options

Yes very good goal from Revell. Didn't he use to play for Orient? Don't forget Pope in action for York later this evening.

I think so - although I didn't recall him being prolific in his career before this season, but just looked up his stats and actually he's been a consistent scorer pretty much everywhere he's been;

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2000–2004 Cambridge United 57 (8)
    2003 → Kettering Town (loan) 7 (2)
    2004–2006 Braintree Town 65 (39)
    2006–2008 Brighton & Hove Albion 59 (21)
    2008–2010 Southend United 34 (6)
    2009–2010 → Swindon Town (loan) 10 (2)
    2010 → Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 15 (8)
    2010–2011 Leyton Orient 44 (22)
    2011– Rotherham United 125 (23)
  • Options
    Did the Orient game finish 1-1?
  • Options

Did the Orient game finish 1-1?

Yes.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    KO for the York game delayed by 45 mins due to torrential rain - hope it goes ahead so we can get a look at Pope

Edit - game called off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

KO for the York game delayed by 45 mins due to torrential rain - hope it goes ahead so we can get a look at Pope

Edit - game called off

Mickey Mouse club / ground / pitch
  • Options
    York game to be played Monday evening
  • Options
    Charlton v Sunderland channel 401 tonight 1045 pm
  • Options
    Think it's pretty sure to say we will be playing Brighton again next season
  • Options
    Derby have been awesome
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Beckboy said:

Derby have been awesome

As long as they are awesome if/when they play QPR. Anything that goes wrong for Redknapp is right by me.
  • Options
    Brighton haven't turned up for two consecutive play offs! Derby deserve to go up though.
  • Options
    Fancy tomorrow night's game to go all the way to pens
  • Options
    Sky Sports News has just announced that Oscar Garcia has offered his resignation as Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Wonder where that would leave Nathan Jones...
  • Options
    Malky the favourite to take over it seems, good replacement but it seems odd for him to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Edit - game called off

The curse of Charlton and Yorkshire hits again.
    Doncaster home abandoned
    Barnsley postponed
    Sheff Wednesday away postponed.
    Now Pope's York team have their game called off...
  • Options
    Blimey. Pope was on the bench for our abandoned Donny match. I bet there can't be too many players that have been involved in two matches called-off for rain at different grounds in the same season. Well, maybe in February but not in August and then May. Holy water.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Blimey. Pope was on the bench for our abandoned Donny match. I bet there can't be too many players that have been involved in two matches called-off for rain at different grounds in the same season. Well, maybe in February but not in August and then May. Holy water.

Bromley Addicks Quiz 2017.

Round 4, Question 7.

• Options
    Can't wait for the 200013/14 play offs... only another 198,000 years!

Gonna be a tight match at Loftus tonight, hoping for Wigan, QPR are anti what I support.
  • Options
    Derby deserve promotion, but have a sneaky feeling QPR will scrape a win tonight, then with their extra experience will beat a nervous Derby team at Wembley...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully it's payback time for Wiigan and would like to see QPR go through tonight so that they in turn can lose to Derby in the final. How ironic if Rossler was to face his former club Brentford in the same division next season :-0
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Derby have been awesome

They have looked very good ...excellent passing game
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    And justice is done for Wigan after putting out virtually a team of reserves against the Spanners and taking advantage of our dodgy keeper at the DW when with any other of our keepers playing would have got us a result that day. See you next season :-) Now Derby need to stuff that team from the bus stop in Chelsea.
  • Options
    Anyone else watching Orient vs Peterboro?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Watching Rotherham v PNE. End to end and a few decent players on show particularly for Rotherham. Pringle their left midfielder has a quality left foot...reminds me in style of Johnnie Jackson. Bit quicker perhaps...