Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colour Clashes

Anybody else fed up with trying to watch a game on TV and constantly struggling to distinguish between the sides because of a clear colour clash? For example, I've just been viewing the highlights of the Sunderland vs WBA game this week where both teams have stripes and dark shorts. I tell you it's impossible to tell the difference between the sides.

Am I being picky or is it now time for me to invest in a colour TV? I must admit I have same problem when watching snooker.

Comments

• Options
    Was it John Motson, who once famously said: "For our viewers watching in black and white, Spurs are playing in the yellow strip" ?
  • Options
    Joking aside, why did Birmingham wear their changed kit at Bolton last week, and likewise Brighton at Forest? No clash at all in either game.
  • Options

Joking aside, why did Birmingham wear their changed kit at Bolton last week, and likewise Brighton at Forest? No clash at all in either game.

To justify having a second or even third strip?

God I'm not just colour blind but have become a shocking cynic too.

• Options

That could have been a mishap with the other kit?
  • Options
    Joking aside, the Sunderland and WBA stripes did clash a bit. Next season's WBA's kit will have tiny pinstripes (like Soton last year) so less of a problem...
  • Options

That could have been a mishap with the other kit?
    In both games SJ? I think Addick Addict is probably not far off the mark, on the off chance that they might sell another three kits on the back of it...
  • Options
    Speaking of colour clashes, whenever I watch MOTD at home and my mom happens to see a claret and blue team, she can never tell whether it's West Ham or Villa. I just told her the other day that next season there will be three clubs in the Premier League that wear claret and blue. She asked me why people in England are so obsessed with these two colours. I said I honestly don't know!
  • Options

Speaking of colour clashes, whenever I watch MOTD at home and my mom happens to see a claret and blue team, she can never tell whether it's West Ham or Villa.

Our sports teacher at primary school always took the piss out of Hammers fans by asking them how come they supported Burnley.

Back on topic, I've long been of the opinion that there should not be a home and away kit but a 1st choice and 2nd choice kit. You wear your 1st choice kit as long as there is no clash with the home team and your 2nd choice kit if there is. In the unlikely event of a clash with both 1st and 2nd choice you revert to shirts and skins.

• Options

Speaking of colour clashes, whenever I watch MOTD at home and my mom happens to see a claret and blue team, she can never tell whether it's West Ham or Villa. I just told her the other day that next season there will be three clubs in the Premier League that wear claret and blue. She asked me why people in England are so obsessed with these two colours. I said I honestly don't know!

Add Scunthorpe into the mix and that's your lot as far as league teams go, isn't it? Four out of ninety two, hardly an obsession really. Now red and white...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birmingham could have been a superstitious thing, i know they're away form was a lot better than there home so maybe they had won more in that kit?
  • Options

Add Scunthorpe into the mix and that's your lot as far as league teams go, isn't it? Four out of ninety two, hardly an obsession really. Now red and white...
    There is a club not far from us, who used to have a claret & blue kit.
  • Options

They all copied Aston Villa who were one of the founding members of the Football League. Similarly Juventus copied Notts County's black and white stripes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    C_A_F_C said:

They all copied Aston Villa who were one of the founding members of the Football League. Similarly Juventus copied Notts County's black and white stripes.
    Thanks for the info. A bit surprised about Juventus copying Nott's County. Thought Juventus' was the original as they're probably the most famous team that wear black and white. - Edit, sorry I forgot Newcastle, lol.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Speaking of colour clashes, whenever I watch MOTD at home and my mom happens to see a claret and blue team, she can never tell whether it's West Ham or Villa.

Our sports teacher at primary school always took the piss out of Hammers fans by asking them how come they supported Burnley.

Back on topic, I've long been of the opinion that there should not be a home and away kit but a 1st choice and 2nd choice kit. You wear your 1st choice kit as long as there is no clash with the home team and your 2nd choice kit if there is. In the unlikely event of a clash with both 1st and 2nd choice you revert to shirts and skins.

As a matter of interest, why did we wear the 2012/13 black kit on Saturday, instead of white? It's not as if that kit is on sale now.