Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greg Dyke should resign petition

Why don't we start a petition for this idiot to resign? His proposals have shown he is not fit to represent the interests of football in this country. Maybe SuperHorns and Operation Pig can do the same on their forums and the word can be spread. What a message it would give if the football fans of the land rejected this loser and what he stands for.

Comments

• Options
    Would you like to elaborate as to why you think that the proposals that the committee that Dyke chaired does not represent the interests of football, please
  • Options
    Another petition, Jesus. ..
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Would you like to elaborate as to why you think that the proposals that the committee that Dyke chaired does not represent the interests of football, please

Seriously??? Just read the other discussions about the proposal on this forum.

But yeah I think if you have too many petitions doing the rounds then they lose their value and perceived significance.
  • Options
    There's a poll on Sky Sports football page & 54% are in favour of his proposals !
  • Options
    I was talking to an Arsenal fan yesterday and he thought they were good proposals. Not for any reason to do with England, but for Arsenal. That is the problem - the starting point for this is what is good for the big clubs and misses the point completely as to what is wrong with the English/British game. Producing a world class player relies on luck, but the more well coached young players with the right technical skills there are, the more world class players will emerge! It isn't rocket science. This idea won't help that at all, and also has the potential to do a lot of damage to lower league football. It is arrogant as all the pain rests with the small clubs and none with the big clubs who have caused the problem by having no interest in developing English talent. Apart from the grass roots investment, English clubs could voluntarily agree that they will play at least 5 English players in every match if they really cared - which they don't.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. The B Team plan and the "Strategic Loan Partnership" proposal (which would probably be a much bigger threat to the integrity of the Football League) are both designed to give Premier League Clubs, and the top six in particular, much greater control over the development of an even larger pool of young players.

It's a free option for the big Clubs. Of course they are in favour. However, there is no reason to believe that they'll do a better job of providing the raw material for a competitive England side than they have done over the last twenty years.

Greg Dyke has misjudged public opinion in my view and I'd be surprised if the Commission's recommendations are implemented, although I'd repeat that B Teams, though not desirable, would be much less of a problem than the SLP. Dyke's position could become untenable, though the next set of recommendations, covering grass roots development and coaching, are likely to be more convincing and acceptable and may restore some credibility.

• Options
    I would suggest that 'public opinion' doesn't give a hoot, football is just viewed as an embarrassment on the UK body politic. . But If by public opinion you mean plastic football fans then a majority may well agree with Dyke, if you mean genuine football supporters, since when did our views count for anything?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think we need a petition to stop petitions.

But then there'll be a petition to stop petitions petitioning against petitions.

But then I wouldn't want there to be a petition that petitioned against the petition petitioning against petitions petitioning against petitions...

This could get confusing.
  • Options

I would suggest that 'public opinion' doesn't give a hoot, football is just viewed as an embarrassment on the UK body politic. . But If by public opinion you mean plastic football fans then a majority may well agree with Dyke, if you mean genuine football supporters, since when did our views count for anything?

I meant genuine football fans and there are a lot of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's probably one created for Richard Scudamore after this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857