Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feeling Cheated!

My daughter plays for woodcoombe girls under 13's, today they played in the cup final against the league winners.

Game was 1-1 after extra time then went to penalties, they scored then we scored, the next 3 each were missed/saved. They scored their 5th and the girl on my daughters team took our fifth it hit the crossbar...their goal keeper ran out to the team all celebrating... Meanwhile... The ball curved in under the crossbar and hit the back of the net.

We all screamed at the ref that the ball was in the goal the linesman ran over to the ref pointing at the goal the other Lino joined them followed by both managers arguing we wanted sudden death the ref ruled result stands, just because the manager for the other team was a bit more intimidating leaving our girls devastated.

We all feel cheated that penalty should have stood and what a @&£& that manager was squirting champagne all over the place before our girls had even cleared the pitch. :-(

Comments

• Options
    Ref's a complete twonk. He should not declare the result until the ball is dead.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Terrible ref - Same as a penalty going in off a post!- surely a calm discussion should have solved the issue, but refs don't tend to do discussions or explain their decisions. How could he explain that one if they did? Hard luck.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I bet it were only Asti! Cheat
  • Options
    That's upsetting.
  • Options
    unsporting of the other manager -will you play them next year ..

• Options
    jdsd42 said:

Unfortunately yes!

Thanks for agreeing with me guys, the most upsetting thing was seeing that poor little 12 year old girl who played her heart out, crying her eyes out over missing a penalty she didn't even really miss. It's hard enough for grown men, luckily for us my daughter didn't take one so I have an angry child rather than that her poor teammate is.
  • Options

jdsd42 said:

Unfortunately yes!

Thanks for agreeing with me guys, the most upsetting thing was seeing that poor little 12 year old girl who played her heart out, crying her eyes out over missing a penalty she didn't even really miss. It's hard enough for grown men, luckily for us my daughter didn't take one so I have an angry child rather than that her poor teammate is.
    </blockquote

Revenge next season ....will be sweet

• Options
    that's really sad , theres a youtube of something like that happening in a foreign cup game but I think the goal that went in off the bar counted and was in fact the winner
  • Options
    We played In a winner takes all clash today Sadie

And we didn't win and my boy was head butted by a kid with an eating issue

If you think your angry right now I am still raging
  • Options
    Revenge next season is the only answer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how old is your boy NLA that's disgusting ....
    has the eating issue anything to do with his behaviour ? Or just indicating he was a fat git , did he get sent off ?
  • Options
    A polite way of saying he was an orrible fat bstd

Mate his dad found it quite funny at first but didn't after

But that was away from the boys

No mate ref didn't see it , it did affect the game as the boys although trying to tough it out lost their snap in the tackle

My lad didn't respond to well fortunately his skipper was their to grab him after he chased after the offender

Next season will be fun in this fixture
  • Options
    Sorry to say the ref called it right, the penalty in a shoot out is over once the ball stops travelling forward, so bar -line- in is no goal, similarly if the ball hits the post then the back of the keeper then in it wouldn't stand either
  • Options
    what a mare ...

randy andy I don't think that's right , only cos the ball can hit bar bounce out and spin back in ...
    And I'm sure I've seen a pen hit post and keeper and go in and count
    I'll try and find youtube pen I was talking about above
  • Options
    The Official Line
    Former referee and Sportsmail columnist Graham Poll explained when a penalty in a shoot-out becomes 'dead'.
    He said: 'It's when the ball's natural movement has ended. A player cannot deliberately play the ball but the keeper might inadvertently.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2403759/Bryan-Ruiz-scores-strange-penalty-Fulham-v-Burton-Albion--video.html#ixzz31RHAWWtS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    France Brazil in World Cup have similar when came off post and in off goalies back?
  • Options
    I was playing cricket for woodcombe today and heard this I said at the time when I heard this the goal should stand what an absolute joke
  • Options
    dancafc said:

I was playing cricket for woodcombe today and heard this I said at the time when I heard this the goal should stand what an absolute joke

Small world. There were a few men from the club there that were quite angry to say the least not surprised the news travelled. How did the cricket go?
  • Options
    Andy your wrong mate the ball hadn't finished its movement therefor it's a goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry to say the ref called it right, the penalty in a shoot out is over once the ball stops travelling forward, so bar -line- in is no goal, similarly if the ball hits the post then the back of the keeper then in it wouldn't stand either

no your wrong. Did a refereeing course last summer and ball has to be dead. Keeper should have grabbed the ball before celebrating.
  • Options
    I would take a huge positive out of that m8! It is essential that as mentors we demonstrate to the young uns the importance of being proper people and winning the right way.

Your gals will be all the stronger as people and hey it's only a game and nobody died but your girls will have had a life experience that will serve them well! :))
  • Options
    surely the best thing would be to petition the appropriate league & ask them for the result to be null & void. Obvious gaff by the ref & the result shouldn't stand.
  • Options
    Was it Kettle again?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My son won his league cup final yesterday - U12s.

The other team got so irritated during the game that the ref bought their coach on to tell them to calm down. Two of them subsequently got booked.

Terrible behaviour for kids of that age. I blame Thatcher Match of The Day
  • Options

If a penalty goes in off the keeper it doesn't count ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

If a penalty goes in off the keeper it doesn't count ?
    I think it does, But then yesterday confirms for me that sometimes they make up the rules as they go.
  • Options
    He lost his bottle I think Sadie that's all it boils down too.
  • Options
    Goal line technology required... :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If a penalty hits the keeper and goes in it most definitely does stand. I think the ball is dead when the movement of the ball has concluded. Going back to the original point, this will interest you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDoQXXBzXzI