Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Look at Palace up in 6th, eurgh I feel sick. I pray that the real table never looks like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    To be fair the English Only table looks a bit like a table of yesteryear, with Southampton 2nd, Arsenal in the middle and
    Newcastle, WBA and Man City all going down.
  • Options
    Makes me like everton and liverpool.

Makes me think newcastle are pathetic.
  • Options
    Zzz see the scousers moaning about this today, presume Suarez the racist don't count
  • Options
    As I have said before, Liverpool happen to have a number of decent English players at the moment, it's no grand patriotic gesture. Don't be fooled. Table does make for interesting debate though.
  • Options
    What about table if only goals conceded by English goal keepers?

pointless table this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What about table if only goals conceded by English goal keepers?

pointless table this.

not really, the point is that it illustrates a lack of english players in the top teams. So quite clearly isn't pointless.
  • Options
    It's a bit misleading, because a team could have 5 quality defensive English players but then come last to a completely international team with one sub striker.

It's not 'who has the most English players - the league table'.
  • Options
    Because we examine all other jobs too by seeing how effective you'd be if you only had talent from England and not from other countries. Even Wales, and they have 2 clubs in this!
  • Options
    I think some are taking this all a bit seriously. It's just a bit of fun for starting (or carrying on) a debate. Then again it could be a continuation of the media's obsession with all things Liverpool...

Nurse - is it time for my pills?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry...I'm running low on mine AA, but, yes, they do work. ;-)
  • Options
    Who tops the table if only goals scored by Uruguayans count ?
  • Options
    Scousers in moaning shocker. Its their birth right to whinge.

IMO, England wont produce a good national team until the balance of home nation players is readdressed to match up with spain, italy, germany and france. Also the kick n rush style of PL, although exciting, is again fairly useless when translated to int football. I think its because a lot of the challenges made in PL are straight reds in int football. If we as England want to be competitive again, we need to bin our obsession with a committed try hard who is technically shite.

We would be quality at the ACN though as that football is even more rough-house than PL ;)