Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coleman sacked

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Lawrie Sanchez into the end of the season

Comments

• Options
    Heard this myself but cant find it on any news sites etc.
  • Options
    unbelievable! the question is though will this send fulham into total turmoil or will they get the new manager syndrome?
  • Options
    aprawa
  • Options
    I'm fluctuating between "are they nuts?" and "bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, BOLLOCKS!"
  • Options
    Just announced on champions League highlights - panic!
  • Options
    This has to be a good situation for us. It's the last throw of the dice.
  • Options
    It's all a load of balls,been BUGGING ME FOR AGES this one?
  • Options
    Great news. Sanchez is a total muppet (Wycombe fans hate him) and the players will now be left in limbo not knowing where they will be playing next season or who will be their new manager and whether or not he will rate them.

Perfect news and this is another great bit of luck for us, they've just relegated themselves.
  • Options
    Not sure how much good this will do them. Their last 5 fixtures are looking pretty tough:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/fixtures/default.stm

reading, blackburn, arsenal, liverpool and then boro on the last day. Will be typical if they need to beat boro to stay up cos boro will no doubt roll over and get thumped. Cunts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rhinosvalley - Yes, he has done well with Northern Ireland, that much is true, but international games every couple of months are not the same as the Prem.

However, his record at club level is pretty ordinary, apart from the 2001 FACSF with Wycome (aided by a kind draw) he did little of note whilst he was there and some of my mates from out in Berks who are Wycombe fans hated him by the time he was sacked in 2003.

From what I know about him he is supposed to be a bit of a Dowie type hard-arse manager who goes head to head with the players and tells them a few home truths. The problem with that is that going into a team of experienced internationals like Niemi, Smertin, McBride, Quedreue, Bocanegra and the rest and just C--ting them off is only going to be a disaster.

Nothing against the bloke but being handed a team in freefall and then given just 7 games to save them, with a pretty tough fixture list, is a poisoned chalice.
  • Options
    If he has the normal new manager effect it will keep them up unfortunately.
  • Options
    les reed is sanchez's assistant
  • Options
    really?
  • Options
    Yes, he has done well with Northern Ireland, that much is true, but international games every couple of months are not the same as the Prem.

And as England fans don't we know it...

Sanchez has little experience of managing premiership players - his only real club experience was at Wycombe, and before that at Sligo Rovers, and most of the players at Norn Iron are Championship standard. But undoubtedly has done an excellent job considering the limited resources.

Fulham have a tough run-in: Arsenal and Liverpool like likely to be defeats, that means they need to get points off of Reading, Blackburn and Boro. If for survival you need 40 points then Fulham need at least one win and two draws from those three games.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]les reed is sanchez's assistant[/quote]

Les Reed worked for the Northern Ireland FA after leaving the English FA - (and before re-joining Charlton) he was there when NI beat England 1-0, I don't think he's working for them now though, unless you've heard differently.
  • Options
    Bad news, I had them nailed on to not pick up any more 3 pointers till the end of the season.

Sanchez will get the best out of them, good manager and one that I advocated when Dowie the div was fired.

Lump on Fulham to win at Reading, 5/1 at least.
  • Options
    SSN are saying that Les Reed is assisting Sanchez at Fulham. That doesn't make it true I suppose. As already said, this could now go either way for Fulham.
  • Options
    sod's law,bet Les comes back to bite our butts.
  • Options
    I don't wish Les any harm, but I do hope he fails at Fulham!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Les back to bite our butts' maybe it would serve the players right if it did happen after all they didnt play for the guy.
  • Options
    i don't care if Les succeeds as long as Warnock and Curbs fail...
  • Options
    Agent Reed is in place - Shhhhhhhhh ! ;-)
  • Options
    "Les Reed, who was dismissed as Charlton Athletic manager on Christmas Eve, has been recruited as his assistant."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/fulham/article1636313.ece
  • Options
    You can see what that crafty old Al Fayed is trying to do here and you have to admire his balls.

He obviously reckons Sanchez can come in and do a Mr Motivator job on his team and squeak out a couple of the wins they need to be safe and then he can use his megabucks to bring in more players in the Summer.

Problem is that I really doubt that motivation has been their problem, Coleman did not seem to have any problems there and they have had some decent results and been OK at home until recently. Their problem has been a drop in confidence and a squad in decline which has not been boosted by that much fresh investment, especially upfront where they never tried to properly replace Saha.
  • Options
    Or van der Saar, or Luis Boa Morte
  • Options
    Lets be honest. Without Al's money they'd still be in League One or Two.

I read in The Times that hes sepnt something like £150m since he took over
  • Options
    I think Al Fayed has lost interest in Fulham to a certain extent. Maybe he's had enough of splashing the cash, or maybe it's down to this case he's trying to bring over his sons death? Whatever the reason, he's not ploughing in anywhere near as much as he was a few years back....