Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Scudamore

Gash...

Our own Clive Efford is having a go at him. Good.

As is Marina Hyde. And that can be painful. Never realised he'd been bullying Supporters Direct in the way she describes.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, link to Marina Hyde didn't work PA, was it this?
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/14/premier-league-richard-scudamore

[By the way, you wasn't the PA who leaked these e-mails was you].
  • Options
    He should go, he is no better than Keys or Gray. His comments are just as despicable as Donald Sterling in America.

While these comments were made in private, and people make stupid jokes in private, he is a public figure in a position of authority and that means he should be held to a higher standard. Anyone CEO type figure knows that.

The fact that the FA and the PL think they can just sweep this away shows that football is so corrupt at every level of power.

The NBA set a precedent with Sterling and, while it may open the floodgates regarding where you draw the line on private and public, they should be applauded. Unfortunately the people in charge over here are unwilling to stand up and be counted when the time comes.

It is sickening.
  • Options

Sorry, link to Marina Hyde didn't work PA, was it this?
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/14/premier-league-richard-scudamore

[By the way, you wasn't the PA who leaked these e-mails was you].

Thanks MOG that was indeed the link.

• Options
    February 2013: FA chairman (Bernstein) brands Paul Elliott position "untenable" over leaked PRIVATE texts containing n-word.

May 2014: FA chairman (Dyke): "Policy has ALWAYS been that we do not consider... private email communication to amount to... misconduct."
  • Options
    Marina Hyde is brilliant. Her book on the absurdity of celebrity culture is laugh out loud funny. She regularly destroys people, yet gets little coverage for it. I'm just a tiny bit in love with her.

Scudamore is an odious prick - but he'll survive this despite the obvious hypocrisy and double standards over the Elliott affair.
  • Options
    The pressure is building it seems. He might yet go. Good riddance if that's the eventual outcome.
  • Options
    Hope he gets his comeuppance for those remarks. As Leroy said he's an odious prick.
  • Options
    Given his position, I can't see how he can carry on. Amazed he wasn't sacked immediately!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    He is a goner. Set up perfectly by the press, they have found (actually more like have timed the release of) a new set of emails to sports lawyer Nick West which now show his initial apology to be a lie (personal emails only). I find the way these asassinations are conducted fascinating.

He is toast. When turncoat Greg Dyke jumps on the bandwagon, that ship has sailed big time.
  • Options
    How did private emails come to the attention of the rest of the world?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A temp employee leaked them...think it was his PA.

Bit sanctimonious IMO but its these muppets that pretend they are whiter than white in the first place, so they deserve to drown in their own vanity.
  • Options
    If he was using his work email then they're hardly that private
  • Options

If he was using his work email then they're hardly that private

Exactly. Scudamore should never have survived the Tevez debacle, but what I've never really understood is why he's so highly regarded. He's managed to negotiate a high price for something only he's selling and which everybody wants? Anyway, my point is that in today's world it really isn't very clever to put anything in an e-mail which might, subsequently, be open to interpretation. It smacks of arrogance, immaturity and, perhaps, a feeling of invincibility.
  • Options

A temp employee leaked them...think it was his PA.

Bit sanctimonious IMO but its these muppets that pretend they are whiter than white in the first place, so they deserve to drown in their own vanity.

A friend of mine was his PA, she couldn't stand him and quit after two weeks, which is why he had a temp in. The temp then sold the story.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    2 cleverly timed releases.

First release ...private email the PA accessed. Details withheld. Scudamore relies on defence of "emails of a personal nature"

Second set .... emails revealed to be to Nick West, leading sports lawyer at DLA (also a complete caant IMO) including jokes about "gash" and "hands on shaft".

Fleet Street 2 v Scudamore Epic fail
  • Options
    I am amazed that in 2014 grown men find this casual sexism funny.
  • Options
    Because Charlton Life never, ever gets like that...
  • Options
    "grown men"

I think this is where you went wrong