Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Valley - tv drama (ed. And now The Missing)

2»

Comments

• Options
    it was a brilliant series, very well written and acted, in a way I hope they leave it there and don't make another series, the story has been told.
  • Options
    Brilliant drama with a great storyline and acting gonna miss not watching it on Tuesday
  • Options

it was a brilliant series, very well written and acted, in a way I hope they leave it there and don't make another series, the story has been told.

I dunno, I think there's some mileage in building a story around the sister

• Options
    yes that's a good possibility
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thought Steve Pemberton as the accountant was the only weak link in the acting.
  • Options
    Not bad acting, but as with a lot of dramas, totally UNtrue to real life; why don't the BBC and other film/drama makers take expert advice? We have a murder of a PC, two other people have been brutally killed, a young girl has been kidnapped, and whose left to solve it all? Obviously a Detective task force, working day and night and examining all angles, right? Nope, a woman uniform police sergeant with "issues" and whose just received a beating that would have left her unfit for work for months, if she returned at all!..and on that subject, I must subscribe to the NHS in her area..fantastic work to completely heal all those wounds, including a nasty cut on her face!
  • Options
    Finally finished the series on catch up, as the missus found it so harrowing she could only take one episode every few days. Great British drama, brilliantly acted by all involved, especially Sarah Lancashire and George Costigan. I am so pleased I have the imagination to enjoy a series like this without worrying about why none of the characters ever went for a dump...
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Not bad acting, but as with a lot of dramas, totally UNtrue to real life; why don't the BBC and other film/drama makers take expert advice? We have a murder of a PC, two other people have been brutally killed, a young girl has been kidnapped, and whose left to solve it all? Obviously a Detective task force, working day and night and examining all angles, right? Nope, a woman uniform police sergeant with "issues" and whose just received a beating that would have left her unfit for work for months, if she returned at all!..and on that subject, I must subscribe to the NHS in her area..fantastic work to completely heal all those wounds, including a nasty cut on her face!

I think you may have given this a bit too much thought!

Regarding the NHS comment, imagine if she'd gone private? She could have got back to work a lot quicker.
  • Options
    Great new drama started on BBC tonight The Missing if you liked happy valley you will love this, totally gripped after the first episode it's on for 8 weeks so make sure you watch tonight's episode on catch up, can't wait for next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic so far, didn't want it to finish
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Great new drama started on BBC tonight The Missing if you liked happy valley you will love this, totally gripped after the first episode it's on for 8 weeks so make sure you watch tonight's episode on catch up, can't wait for next week.

Part wanted to watch it, but couldn't bring myself to in the end.
  • Options
    Thought it was ok. Opening episode setting the background and introducing the main protagonists.
    I don't generally like Nesbits work but seems ok in this.

Afka, give it a go.
  • Options
    brilliant drama, although frightening to watch really and think of your own kids upstairs. Ours are 7 and 4 and we were talking about how much 'freedom' we give them already really.

8 part series so will be plenty of twists and turns
  • Options
    Second series on now, the best drama in a long time hope it's as good as the first.
  • Options
    Decent opener
  • Options
    Bang on the money tonight
    Needed something decent to watch as nearly watched west scum vs the scousers
  • Options
    Good opening, although Molesley from Downton seems a little bit like Molesley relocated at the mo.
  • Options
    Good stuff, been looking forward to this.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Second series on now, the best drama in a long time hope it's as good as the first.

Well worth your tv licence...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last nights finale was excellent.

Spoiler alert
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I

The scene on the railway bridge was very funny.