Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grabban to Cardiff for £3m

Lewis Grabban is going to Cardiff for £3m according to the BBC web site. Surprising that Bournemouth want to sell as he was their top scorer but maybe under the new FPP rules they need to reduce their losses. What was more scary in the article was that Cardiff got £62m for finishing bottom of the Premiership and then will get £40m parachute payment. Not a bad money for being a failure. Its obscene really and anti competitive.

Comments

• Options
    The fee activated a clause in his contract
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bnmth don't need him they've got a superhero to bang in 20+ goals next season :-0
  • Options
    When Lallana leaves Soton, Bournemouth will get a tidy sell on fee as well. Perhaps they'll offer us money for Simon Church and renew his lethal partnership with Yann.
  • Options

When Lallana leaves Soton, Bournemouth will get a tidy sell on fee as well. Perhaps they'll offer us money for Simon Church and renew his lethal partnership with Yann.

As Addicks we always live in hope, if only.............if only :-)
  • Options
    Things like this can get the market moving, bournmouth will want a new striker and cardif will probably get rid of a couple. Good move for both clubs I think although 3mil is a bit much .
  • Options
    Thats a lot of money on a player who has had one really good season, before last season he hasn't really done much.

If Cardiff are going to pay big money this season and fail to go up I can see them being the next Pompey
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Things like this can get the market moving, bournmouth will want a new striker and cardif will probably get rid of a couple. Good move for both clubs I think although 3mil is a bit much .

3 mil is a bit much but if you've just earnt 62 million after having 8 of your games shown on TV then it's pocket change. Tried and tested in the championship and if he scores 20 goals that gets them promoted then its money well spent.

To be honest I feel sorry for Bournemouth. They only just fell short this season and Lewis Grabban would have been a major part of any promotion push next season. How are they supposed to produce a team capable of promotion when their competition have a cash injection of 62 million plus parachute payments.....

.....and don't get me started on academy status rules and poaching players....grrr........
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cardiff received £62.1m for getting relegated last season....reads like hush money.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Thats a lot of money on a player who has had one really good season, before last season he hasn't really done much.

If Cardiff are going to pay big money this season and fail to go up I can see them being the next Pompey

They're also currently expanding the stadium. Vincent Tan is a complete loon!
  • Options

Yann897 said:

3 mil is a bit much but if you've just earnt 62 million after having 8 of your games shown on TV then it's pocket change. Tried and tested in the championship and if he scores 20 goals that gets them promoted then its money well spent.

To be honest I feel sorry for Bournemouth. They only just fell short this season and Lewis Grabban would have been a major part of any promotion push next season. How are they supposed to produce a team capable of promotion when their competition have a cash injection of 62 million plus parachute payments.....

.....and don't get me started on academy status rules and poaching players....grrr........
    It's hard to feel that sorry for Bournemouth, they've got a good manager but are only punching above their natural weight due to a rich Russian owner...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bournemouth have accepted Cardiff's bid.