Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woolwich and Eltham Sunday Football Alliance

For all you who love Football.

The Woolwich and Eltham Sunday Football Alliance are now accepting new admissions for the forthcoming season 2014/15.

Should you be interested in joining a well run league with lots of history then do not hesitate to contact me on here.

The WESFA was formed in 2006 as a result of a merger between
The Woolwich and District league (founded in 1891) and the Eltham and District league (founded in
1959) both have an incredible history.

So whether you are a brand new club or an established one we would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Used to play in the Eltham and District League and so did Phil Warman for Lewisham United, it's where Welling United started up as a youth team, glad to hear it is still going of sorts, good luck for the future.
  • Options
    @‌tover85

I would be very interested in having a look at any records or photographs you have from pre-world war one and especially any trophies from that era.

Thanks
  • Options
    I play in this league. It is a well run league, bit too harsh on some of the fines though and dont get me started on the standard of some of the referees!
  • Options

I play in this league. It is a well run league, bit too harsh on some of the fines though and dont get me started on the standard of some of the referees!

@Sonicstud85‌ Fines? I had you down as goody two shoes :-)
  • Options

I play in this league ,Great league and well run but the standard of referees are shocking , honestly can't work out where they have dragged them in from
  • Options
    Club fines RC. I'm as clean as a whistle!
  • Options
    Used to play in the old Eltham & District league....is Ken Bailey still anything to do with it?
  • Options
    Ken Bailey still trundles around the grounds. He is always at the Cup Finals.
  • Options

I play in this league ,Great league and well run but the standard of referees are shocking , honestly can't work out where they have dragged them in from
    No-one else will do it though. I'd rather have a shit 60 year old ref than no ref.

Nothing worse than a cheating club official reffing. At least the sunday league refs are not biased (even if they are pony and don't move from the centre circle for 90 minutes).
  • Options
    A shit 60 year old would be a dream in this league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @RedChaser‌

Yeah is it still going strong.

@‌Henry Irving

I will have a chat with Jason Verrillo who is the League Secretary - he might have some old photos. As for trophies I know for a fact the Dewar shield is older than the first world war but not sure of the others.

@Sonicstud85‌

The fines are not great but if clubs followed the rules then fines would not be imposed. The standard of referee's are improving a lot and we have quite a few Level 4 referee's now but some are still shocking.

@Elthamaddick yeah Ken Baillie is the Deputy Chair and is also a Life Vice President.