Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help from anyone who understands satellite stuff in France!

So here we are with a Technic TV and no phone on a campsite. TV only works in UK and we can't sign up to VPN thingy as we don't have a phone to verify who we are.
If we buy a complete portable satellite receiver system from someone on campsite ( £100 the lot including large dish and it's one year old) and we manage to set it up, will we be able to watch Brazil?
Many dankes, gracies and mercies.

Comments

• Options
    I am using a free VPN called ZenMate. it only works in conjunction with Google Chrome. I do watch iPlayer with it. Sometimes i get buffering, which is annoying, however you should also be able to download programmes and watch them later. If you have a decent internet download speed, it would at least be worth trying.

The trouble with the satellite is that recently BBC and ITV moved their broadcasts on to a new spot-beam Astra satellite, which further reduced the footprint of their broadcasts. As I know to my cost. However i also know the forums where this is discussed. If you remind me of your location, and tell me the size of the dish, i can check out the reception reports.

But for sure French TV is going to show all the key games on one channel or another. You should enquire whether any French channels which carry football broadcast free-to-air on satellite. At worst, some bar will being showing the games surely?