Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barca B

I see they are towards the top of the spanish second division, can they get promoted? Surely not? If so, why would any player want to play there knowing they can't progress as a team?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    No they can't. The team may not be able to progress but it is a stepping stone for players to progress. This can be with Barcelona or else where having had the experience of being coached in one of the world's most established coaching set-ups
  • Do they train together? Can't imagine they'd have 2 full squads training together. I don't agree with it all personally, this is why I'm against Greg Dykes plans.
  • edited May 2014
    Not full squads no but players and coaches do interchange a bit in order to gain experience, graduates of la masia usually start with the B team. Their facilities are extremely close to each other as well.
    I don't see the necessity of B teams here, it is interesting to hear some of the stories of progression like Pep Guardiola, but it is not that different to U21 squads really. RM Castilla, Real's B team have been relegated.
    Little fact- Athletico Madrid were set up as a B team to Athletic Bilbao until the 1920s
  • they cant get promoted from the second tier (as long as the first team are in the top division, otherwise they'll be relegated) and dont play in cup competition. I believe they train in the same complex as the first team. It's basically a formalised reserve side, but allows the players too old for u19 football and not quite good enough for the first team yet to play a very high standard of first team football whilst working with the coaches at barca.

It's an interesting game on football manager if you manage barcelona b, although can get quite boring after youve won the league a couple of times!
  • Does anyone support Barca B\Castilla as their first teams ?
  • What are attendances like for the b teams ?.
  • Just had a look.

Barca B average 3791 although they did get 9k for the game with Castilla.
    Real Madrid castilla 3049

The lowest average in that league is Alcorcon owned by Roland. 2698.
  • se9addick said:

Does anyone support Barca B\Castilla as their first teams ?

Not really, it is usually 'socios' who go due to free tickets for being a member or when the A team is away.
    Some supporter groups started supporting the football team and then dedicated themselves to the other teams (b team, basketball, futsal etc.) in order to show support of for all aspects of the club.
    For example el clasico goes across a variety of sports and people show up as it is more about 'Madrid vs Barcelona' rather than sport