Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Confessional/Eat my words moments

Now the season is finished and we've all had time to relax from the stresses of watching our beloved team, i thought i would start a thread for those confessions regarding things you said or wrote (on CL maybe!) about Charlton that were totally wrong/unfounded in the end. None of us like to admit that we have made a mistake regarding our football opinions as we are all Jose Mourinho in disguise (me more than most), so to start the ball rolling....

8 minutes into the Sheff Wednesday game at 2-0 down I phoned my dad and said "it's a f*cking disgrace, he's picking the team on purpose to get us relegated and save RD £4mill. How can you play Harriott and Sordell after the way they've been playing, they are crap and should never be near the team again? We are relegated and I am disgusted...............what, we've just scored? Who? Irrelevant dad, we'll get done 5-1. Speak to you later, I'm off to head butt a wall."

And there we go, so wrong on so many levels, in fact those two players probably contributed the most in the last few games, what do i know.

So please forgive me Charlton Lord, I have sinned and doubted you, it shall never happen again.
(until we go 2-0 down at home on day one of the new season no doubt!)

Comments

• Options
    Leaving Bramall lane i said to my mate "we're as good as relegated, can't see that lot winning another game"
  • Options
    I predicted Djimi Traore to win player of the year in 06/07....
  • Options
    i didnt rate rob lee to start with !

how wrong was I !?
  • Options
    Having second thoughts on my "f*cking useless c***s" comment on the Sheff Wed away match thread just after we went 2 down.
  • Options
    Before the Wednesday game I saw the lineup and tweeted Sordell and Harriott starting might as well give them the 3 points now, and they ended up the best 2 players on the pitch
  • Options
    Texting home from Hillsborough " With Sordell up front we won't get a sniff of a goal"
  • Options
    Only if you get an RD tattoo on your arse.
  • Options
    I thought Les Reed was an inspired appointment.
  • Options

That's a joke right?
  • Options

I thought Les Reed was an inspired appointment.

Yeah, I made the same mistake. Lovely bloke, great coach, crap manager. Remember him bravely walking round the pitch applauding the fans at the end of the pitiful home defeat to Wycombe in the League Cup, and receiving a torrent of hatred and abuse in return. Felt sorry for him and, despite the nature of the performance, couldn't really understand the tone of the abuse he was getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mine might be the worst confession of all. When Curbs suddenly left I was fed up with the squad playing what I thought to be boring football. I expected a new manager to come in and transform our situation, thinking about it I was right, but in the wrong way. What an almighty cock up, what an old fool.
  • Options
    Diego Poyet really is 6 ft 2.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As another old fool and his young son hacked their way through the undergrowth of a derelict football ground to take some photos for posterity the father said,'Well they'll never play here again, what a mess'. Thank God I was wrong!
  • Options
    I've posted this before I'm sure but the worst one for me was saying to my brother that Richard Rufus was too frail and lightweight to make it having just seen him alongside Linvoy Primus in a Kent Cup tie at Margate c 1993 or 1994
  • Options
    Barry Endean would score hat fulls for us.

For younger viewers he joined from Watford after scoring against Liverpool in 1970 FACupsemi final. It took him 12 months to get his first goal
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've posted this before I'm sure but the worst one for me was saying to my brother that Richard Rufus was too frail and lightweight to make it having just seen him alongside Linvoy Primus in a Kent Cup tie at Margate c 1993 or 1994

I said the same a couple of seasons back about Cousins. Mind you, I also said it about Mambo, so I was 50% right........
  • Options
    No one will have a better one than when Greenie Junior pops up on the thread ...
  • Options
    I said if Powell if goes we'd definitely be relegated.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

That's a joke right?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/25/2006-07-player-of-the-year/p1

• Options

Kap10 said:

That's a joke right?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/25/2006-07-player-of-the-year/p1

You've just earnt yourself a back dated LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half time at home to Oxford, 'we won't score if we play all night'.

On a longer scale, I remember thinking when Rommedhal signed that we'd made it as one of the big boys.
  • Options
    I thought Dowie was the right appointment
  • Options
    I actually felt (mildly) positive about the Dowie appointment in that summer of 2006... Perhaps I was just misled by a couple of interviews with him I read on the website of either Guardian or Daily Telegraph (can't remember which).
  • Options

In fairness, i went through every one of my comments and had to go back 8 years until i found something incorrect :-)

Personally, I just check my last post.............and there it is.
  • Options
    Watching an fa youth cup game against man utd at the valley and stated they were a very good side apart from larry lightweight prancing about looking pretty in the middle if the pitch. "He'll never make it" was my knowledgable assessment of a certain David beckham.
  • Options
    I thought appointing Curbs and Gritty as joint managers in 1991was the biggest cop out ever. Really angry I was.
  • Options
    In my pain at Powell's sacking I was lacking in any graciousness towards Jose Riga which I regret. Still not sure of him as a manager, but I like and respect him as a man.
  • Options
    I thought Church would score goals
  • Options
    I stated on many occasions that Scott Parker would never make a player