Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cat brings home bag of cannabis

I've got 2 cats and all they ever bring me is a (hopefully) dead mouse or bird. Not fair.
So what gifts have your animals brought you?
A woman in New Zealand has called the police after her cat left a bag of drugs on her doorstep, it's been reported.

The worried owner, who has not been identified, apparently rang the authorities in Dunedin on the county's South Island after she found the bag with 5g (0.2oz) of cannabis inside. ''You hear of cats bringing dead birds and rats home, but certainly in my career I've never seen anything like this before," Sergeant Reece Munro tells the Otago Daily Times, adding the marijuana has a street value of about NZ$100 ($85, £51).

While the origin of the cannabis remains a mystery, Munro says that - until now - he'd never stopped to think about the sniffing potential of cats. "We certainly have police dogs trained to detect drugs - this might be something police could explore in the future," he says.

Comments

• I've got 2 cats and all they ever bring me is a (hopefully) dead mouse or bird. Not fair.

A woman in New Zealand has called the police after her cat left a bag of drugs on her doorstep, it's been reported.

The worried owner, who has not been identified, apparently rang the authorities in Dunedin on the county's South Island after she found the bag with 5g (0.2oz) of cannabis inside.

While the origin of the cannabis remains a mystery...
    Surely they know cannabis is a plant that grows from a seed.
  • I've got 2 cats and all they ever bring me is a (hopefully) dead mouse or bird. Not fair.

The worried owner, who has not been identified, apparently rang the authorities in Dunedin on the county's South Island after she found the bag with 5g (0.2oz) of cannabis inside.

While the origin of the cannabis remains a mystery...
    Surely they know cannabis is a plant that grows from a seed.

I thought it used to come from the barnfield estate.
  • Look what the cat brought in. Man.
  • It was for the cat's glaucoma, honest!
  • Hopefully the police will be able to weed out who it really belongs to.
  • After the discovery of the cat talent they could work as a direct delivery service for drug dealers - cut out the middle man.

F*ck working for the police :)

No one suspects "the cat"
  • Think the cat gave some to this dog before dropping it off at home