Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Conference is no more!

Conference announces new sponsors
The Football Conference has ended its sponsorship deal with Nationwide and will switch to online betting firm Blue Square for next season.
A three-year deal has been signed with the new sponsors which will see the end of the Conference's nine-year association with Nationwide.

The Conference will now be known as Blue Square Premier.

The Conference North and South are to be renamed Blue Square Northern and Blue Square Southern respectively.

Football Conference chairman Bill King said: "Our league is the gateway to the clubs in the professional structure in the UK and is an established part of the UK football scene.

"I'm delighted to be seeing a piece of non-league football history in the making and am extremely excited about what this partnership with Blue Square can achieve."

Comments

• Options
    Always be the Vauxhall Conference for me!
  • Options
    Blue Square Premier? Hahahaha! Sounds like a car dealership.
  • Options
    sounds terrible, as WSS says, will always be the Vauxhall Conference. If anything, it should be called League 3.
  • Options
    didnt no it waant called the vauxhall conf anymore!
  • Options
    I don't think it'll ever be called League 3 as it would imply it was a continuation of the Football League which it isn't.

Blue Square Premier, what a joke....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Always be the Vauxhall Conference for me!

Bit like the Coca-Cola cup eh!
  • Options
    Simod Cup

They went from strength to strength after that particular tie up, didn;'t they?